You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Swift Model Set

Stefan Friedrich

Stefan Friedrich
Posted
Posted

Hello Community

I tried to set up Swift to use with my FS2020!

As you can see Swift found 2245 models but when i click on "create" i'm unable to continue...

What i'm doing wrong? I did everything like i found in the tutorial but for now im stuck.

Thank's for your help and advices!

Stefan

1280321459_Screenshot2021-11-28150501.thumb.jpg.540c9a4ee0ca35073cd8073615f57fd6.jpg

Stefan Friedrich
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey Andreas

Thank you for your answer!

It‘s the 32bit for Windows 11 as i saw that 64 isn‘t working for FS2020!

Greetings, Stefan

Edited by Stefan Friedrich

Stefan Friedrich
Posted
Posted

It‘s the latest ALPHA (0.9.7.149) i downloaded today!

Greetings, Stefan

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ok, now that we've got all the information, do the following:

1. start swiftDATA app (Mapping Editor)
  2. on the bottom, select "Settings and login"
  3. in the Simulator section (top right part of the window) select FSX
  4. Simulator directory: check that you have set the correct FS2020-path for the category "FSX"
    fetch.php?media=configwizard_simulatorse

5. Model directories: add the directories "Community" and "Official" and then SAVE these settings with the button on the right
    fetch.php?media=configwizard_simulatorse

6. on the bottom of the app, select "Mapping editor" and then select the tab "Stored own models FSX" (on top of the program)
  7. click on the button "force reload FSX". This will make swift search the 2 directories that we just defined in step 5. At the end of the process it will show you ALL aircraft that were found in those folders. In other words: in this tab you only see what swift MAY be able to use in your model set.
  8. now change to the tab "Active model set FSX". swift will only be able to use and display models that are stored in this very tab! If it's empty, there will be nothing to display at all. To populate this tab, click on the button "new set", check all the settings and then confirm with "OK". After a few seconds, the tab should be filled with a lot of aircraft. If yes and if you are happy with the result, click on "save FSX" on the right side. Only now will the model set be saved.
  9. should you add new aircraft to your simulator, start over from step 1. until 8.

Note: at this time, swift 32bit has a problem/bug with permanently saving the settings for Simulator directory and Model directories. The next time that you will start swift, it will have forgotten those settings. The bug is known and the developers are working on it. Sorry for this!

As a result from what is mentioned in the note above, every time you start swiftGUI to fly online with FS2020, you MAY have select the "Settings" widget on swiftGUI and from the list choose "Simulator". In case that FS2020 is not set active, set the checkmark again and click on the button "Check again" to attempt to connect swift and FS2020.

Edited by Andreas Fuchs

Stefan Friedrich
Posted
Posted

Wow thank you, Andreas!

Will try it tonight and send a feedback to you! Thank you!

😀

Stefan Friedrich
Posted
Posted

Hello Andreas,

once again thank you very much for your help! I did everything you said and…it works! 😀 Thank you!

But i have another question! I tried to connect myself. I was in Zurich at a B Gate and opened swiftGUI. After that i pressed the „connect“ button and it seemed that i was connected to the network. VatScope showed some traffic but i didn‘t saw nothing and i heard nothing on 122.800 (no ATC online).

I downloaded that XPlane Plugin but where i have to put when i fly with FS2020? Or this problem may be related with the bug you mentioned in your last post?

Once again thank you for your help!

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

Good that you could create your model set.

Now, for your connection: when you have FS2020 and swiftGUI active at the same time and you select swiftGUI's "Connect" widget, is there a red, yellow or green frame around your own "Model"? https://docs.swift-project.org/doku.php?id=connect_online_flight_simulator_network_vatsim_fsd_login_page#own_aircraft

Make sure that FS2020 and swift are really connected to each other, check that you are connecting not just as "observer", but "normal".

Edited by Andreas Fuchs

Stefan Friedrich
Posted
Posted

I had a red frame and it was not possible to choose „connect as a normal pilot“ only as observer.

I‘m flying with the FBW320.

Greetings, Stefan

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Did you check this, as in my first post: select the "Settings" widget on swiftGUI and from the list choose "Simulator". In case that FS2020 is not set active, set the checkmark again and click on the button "Check again" to attempt to connect swift and FS2020.

Stefan Friedrich
Posted
Posted

I will try it tomorrow and i will give you a short update then! Thank you and good night 🙋‍♂️

• Like 1

Stefan Friedrich
Posted
Posted

Hello Andreas

So. i am a complicated case...sorry for that 🙄

Well i tried your suggestion but i think i need to install a Plugin to communicate between FS2020 and swiftGUI.

Here's what i see:

523474359_Screenshot2021-11-30130225.jpg.1a05e777e2c83d647f2255f2e975e118.jpg

As you can see i'm connected but there are no Planes around me. And EGLL was busy right now...

Then i clicked on "?" and this messages was shown:

IMG_1907.thumb.jpg.e0ff6f70a12d3242ea4b944a4699bd8c.jpg

So i think i have a missing Plugin! Can you give me some help? Where i have to put which Plugin?

Once again thank you for your patience and help!

Regards, 

Stefan

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

As you can see on your first screenshot, it says "No plugin loaded". Instead, it should say something like "MSFS detected" (I do not remember it in detail).

Stefan Friedrich
Posted
Posted

Yes i downloaded the Plugin „Swiftbus“!

May i have to put this plugin in my Community Folder?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

I just tried. After setting the checkmark at "Flight Simulator 2020", did you click on the button "check again"?

Are both programs running "as administrator"?

Stefan Friedrich
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas

Thank you for your quick response!
I will try it tonight...now i went working.

But MSFS i startet through the XBox App so could be that the app doesn't start the Sim as Admin.

swiftGUI i always startet as Admin...i will try it tonight, then i give you a short feedback.

Anyway, thanks a lot

Stefan Friedrich
Posted
Posted

Hey Andreas

It‘s working now 😀

What i did: I redownloaded swift again! My fault was that i unselectet some plugins when i was asked at the beginning of the installation 🥺

Now everything works pretty fine and i can start to learn more about swift and soon i will be back in the skies 😀

Thank you very much for all your help!

Greetings, Stefan

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

Great! Then have fun with swift. In case that you are using Discord, you may want to join our swift support server. We got a few more helping hands on deck there.

https://docs.swift-project.org/doku.php?id=contact

Edited by Andreas Fuchs

Stefan Friedrich
Posted
Posted

Good Morning Andreas!

Thank you…i will come to the community! Again, thanks for your help and see you soon in the virtual skies!

• Thanks 1