You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[xPilot] Audio chat only works in certain channels

Marc Cadmore

Marc Cadmore
Posted
Posted

As the title says, comms only work some of the time. As an example, currently on with EGCC_S_APP who cannot hear me and I cannot hear any others on frequency. Same with LON_W_CTR and EHAA_W_CTR. But if I hit up EISN_CTR I can both hear and receive audio transmissions. Not changing any settings, both in xPilot or the plane, other than retuning. Anyone come across this before or got any suggestions because it's rather frustrating!

Marc

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted (edited)

First of all, what version of xPilot? And what were the frequencies you were tuned to that you couldn't transmit or receive?

Edited by Justin Shannon

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Marc Cadmore
Posted
Posted (edited)

Version 2.0.0-Beta.7 and xPlane version 11.55r2

Edited by Marc Cadmore

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

I'm tuned to LON_W_CTR right now (126.070) and I can hear ATC and other aircraft just fine.

Marc Cadmore
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I text messaged the controller I was trying to talk to and he could communicate with other users just fine. So the problem is either xPilot, xPlane or the interface between them. Headset and sound setup is fine because the odd channel can hear me, and I hear notification sounds just fine. Weird...

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

I think I see what the issue is now, actually. When you're tuning to LON_W_CTR, for example, are you tuning the frequency directly inside the aircraft? Or via the controller list? If the latter, xPilot isn't correctly normalizing the frequency to 121.075, since 121.070 is not a valid frequency. If you use the .com1 dot command to tune the frequency (.com1 121.070), xPilot will correctly normalize the frequency to 121.075. 

I'll work on a fix for this. In the meantime, either tune the frequency in your aircraft directly (as long as your aircraft is correctly setting the frequency to 121.075) or use the .com1 command.

Marc Cadmore
Posted
Posted

Ok, will give it a crack tonight. Thanks very much for taking the time on this one for me.