You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to select PTT (push to talk) key

Miklos Cserny

Miklos Cserny
Posted
Posted

I have installed the latest xPilot communication system. No problem with the connection, working ok. However, I tried to select through XPlane settings /keyboard/xPilot:radio PTT a character to use. In the older version I used the key "Ctrl". Now the system does not accept it. So used a different key, that was accepted by the system, but when I pressed it to see whether it is working the TX window does to light up, that is indicating that I am not transmitting at all. This is the case with all other keys on the keyboard selections.

Would someone have an idea how to overcome this problem?

Thank you in advance ,

Miklos

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

If you are using a keyboard key as your PTT, X-Plane must be the only active/focused window for it to capture the keypress. If xPilot is visible on top of X-Plane and is the active window, X-Plane won't recognize that you're pressing your PTT key.

If you have a joystick, I'd recommend binding the PTT to one of the buttons instead. This way, X-Plane can capture the button press, even if X-Plane isn't the active/focused window.

I'll consider adding some sort of PTT indicator into X-Plane so you'll know if your PTT is active.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Miklos Cserny
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your help. I think I am operational.