You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

MSFS freezing due to vPilot after last update.

Reynaldo Ramon

Reynaldo Ramon
Posted
Posted

So lately msfs has been freezing on me for long periods of time...without ctd. So started narrowing the problem down and it turns out vPilot is the culprit. The moment I close it the Sim unfreezes. So I've been flying on vatsim less often. Anyone have this issues ever? This is a newish issue for me. Started after last update. I updated when prompted. Freezibg still occurs.. I Uninstalled and installed latest version. MSFS still freezing. I've flown many flights offline without vPilot during this time with not a single freeze. Only happens when connected via vPilot. 

Fergus Stewart
Posted
Posted

I thought it was just me... Yeah for some reason it makes using VATSIM and VPilot unusable. Hopefully there is a fix for this.

Reynaldo Ramon
Posted
Posted

Thank God I'm not the only one. I was afraid I was the only one. Has worked flawlessly until now. 

John Man
Posted
Posted

Yep, it's happening to me as well.

If you're using Windows 11 there's this thing in task manager called: "osprivacy", if you look at the sub processes it says: "Capability Access Manager Service". Those are the processes that slows down MSFS when I use vPilot. Just a note for the developers. And I'm glad I'm not the only one either! 😅

Reynaldo Ramon
Posted
Posted

I'm on Windows 10. Someone suggested I roll back the last nvidia driver. Gonna give it a try tonight or tomorrow. Worth a try for me because it's the only recent change I've done. 

Fergus Stewart
Posted
Posted

I'm on windows 11, not using NVidia. This is very strange indeed.

Reynaldo Ramon
Posted
Posted

So I updated the newly released nvidia driver tonight. Did a flight from mco to atl. Lots of traffic and atc.. no issues. We'll see if I can do another flight online tomorrow before I'll say it is a driver issue

Reynaldo Ramon
Posted
Posted

Ok. Well longer flight today..KPHL-KLAS. All was going well until 1.5 hours in when it froze. So definitely didn't do it as often as before. But issue still exist. Closed vPilot and continued offline. 

Fergus Stewart
Posted
Posted

I'll try to run a flight sometime this week and see if I can actually do something before it just commits no framerate and ctd.

Reynaldo Ramon
Posted
Posted

It's been hit or miss. Have done a few flights with no incidents. Then I've had others with frequent freezes. No rhyme or reason to when I have a freeze and don't have one. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Adam Kubicki
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have the same problem. It started occurring several weeks ago. Now I can't fly with Vatsim. Have anyone found solution for this problem?

Edited by Adam Kubicki

• 3 months later...
Reynaldo Ramon
Posted
Posted

So here it is...forever ago.  I've recently upgraded my NVMe hard drive. Fresh windows 10 install. Fresh MSFS install. Still same vpilot freezing. Never went away. The program hasn't been updated since June. Anyone discover a fix yet?

• 2 weeks later...
Reynaldo Ramon
Posted
Posted

So question to you all who are having this issue. Do you have and/or use the Microsoft OneDrive? I was looking thru files and noticed I had a vPilot folder installed in the OneDrive, which is odd. I could have sworn I had opted out of OneDrive on during Windows 10 installation. I unlinked all folders that were being backup to OneDrive, then disabled OneDrive. Then I uninstalled vPilot and reinstalled. I just did a VFR flight around KLAS (no ATC online) in the PMDG 738 and did not have one freeze. So I'm cautiously encouraged. I'll have to try a "real" flight at a later time. Just thought I'd share. 

Reynaldo Ramon
Posted
Posted

Ok. Just completed KDCA-KPIT online and had ZERO freezes. I think it was OneDrive jacking everything up. Someone else check and try this fix and report back.