You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Been away from Vatsim for quite some time...what AI models do you guys recommend for MSFS?

Richard Asberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

As the topic suggests, what is the latest and greatest when it comes to AI models for MSFS that work with vPilot?

Richard Åsberg

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Richard,

at the moment there are mainly the models provided by the Alpha India Group, AIG. You'll have to download and install their AI Manager: https://www.alpha-india.net/ai-manager/

The download and installation progress may require a bit of patience on your side, but I think they are working on improving the program.

Edited by Andreas Fuchs
Wording
  • Like 1

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Many thanks Andreas, much appreciated and will check it out right away.

Richard Åsberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

AIG seems great but learned you need a forum account over at their site to use their tools.

Anyone in here knows how long it usually takes for them to approve a new user account?

Richard Åsberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted (edited)

OK, that's interesting. I was watching a tutorial on YouTube how to use the tools and the way I understood it, you would need a login both for their site as well as the AVSIM Library. Making me think that's where it will get all the AI models from.

Maybe I misunderstood something because this was very late yesterday and I was quite tired when watching the clip. Will look more into it later today.

Here's the clip I was watching.

Edited by Richard Asberg
Grammar correction

Richard Åsberg

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

Okay, cool, you will then be right. I have to admit that I did not download their models through AI Manager, but I got them from a friend who had already gone through all the pains.

Edited by Andreas Fuchs

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Ok well, here's me hoping the folks at AIG won't leave for Christmas holidays before they've approved my account 😂

Richard Åsberg

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hey Richard,

I just tested it and asked a friend, who helped me with specific information: you do NOT need to register with their forum or login to AVSIM to download aircraft through the AIG AI Manager! I think that the tutorial is slightly outdated, also because the program has evolved a bit in the last few weeks.

Just download "flightplans" through the AI Manager and you'll get all those aircraft models. Make sure that you set up all the paths and options according to the video and the Tutorial PDF that came with the AI Manager.

• Like 1

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

That's great, will have a play with it. Fact is I noticed how my account over at AIG was just approved and I already have an account over at the AVSIM Library.

So I should be all set regardless what's required 👍

• Like 1

Richard Åsberg