You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Xpilot beta 2. Flightplan

Morten Stenberg

Morten Stenberg
Posted
Posted

Hi

Is it not possible to "manual" type in the flight plan in the plugin i x pilot ? - it jumps to webpage vatsim for filing plan when pressing "FLIGHT PLAN"

Regards

Morten

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

No, the flight plan must be filed using the flight plan filing website. 

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

• 2 weeks later...
Michele Cordella
Posted
Posted

I have filed my plan on Vatsim page but ATC can't see it, am I missing something? 

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

The callsign in your flight plan MUST match the callsign you connect to the network with.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

• 4 weeks later...
Andreas Heß
Posted
Posted

HI, what do you mean "callsign you connect to the network with" ? I login with a CID and a password. Can you explain ? I installed new Xclient today and cannot file any flightplan anymore...

Message: An unknown error occured, please try again later.... 

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Andreas Heß said:

HI, what do you mean "callsign you connect to the network with" ?

When you hit connect, this window appears where you type your callsign, aircraft type and SELCAL (optional).

Clipboard01.jpg.03bd1da84e7a1b7f4df5f237a311d3ba.jpg

I take it you tried to file the flight plan on the webpage? Can you post a screenshot of what you tried to file or where this error occurred?

KntU2Cw.jpg

Andreas Heß
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Dace Nicmane said:

When you hit connect, this window appears where you type your callsign, aircraft type and SELCAL (optional).

Clipboard01.jpg.03bd1da84e7a1b7f4df5f237a311d3ba.jpg

I take it you tried to file the flight plan on the webpage? Can you post a screenshot of what you tried to file or where this error occurred?

Hi, I will try it this evening again. But I was told yesterday to disconnect from XPilot and then file by the web (When pressing FLIGHT PLAN in xPilot, it automatically goes to the web pager where I am forced to file the flightplan) .
The problem appeared only after I was forced to update the xClient. The old client always was ok.

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Andreas Heß said:

But I was told yesterday to disconnect from XPilot and then file by the web

That is correct, you file the FP on the webpage, then connect. It should also work the other way around, though, as long as you're still at the gate and haven't moved yet. What matters is that the callsign you connect with matches the callsign in your FP.

KntU2Cw.jpg

KWASI ADJEI
Posted
Posted

Hello Folks,

Can someone confirm how this issue was fixed?

I have same problem after updating Xpilot.

Thanks

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, KWASI ADJEI said:

What exactly is your problem?

KntU2Cw.jpg

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, KWASI ADJEI said:

Hello Folks,

Thanks

You can not file through the xPilot.

ACH2118.jpg

Michael Fopp
Posted
Posted

Thanks for this info.  Do we know why it has changed?  The old way of filing within x-pilot was so much easier. Now another webpage adds to the CPU usage, gets in the way and demands many more field to be scrolled through before getting to the bottom of the page. This discriminates against those of us who prefer flying light aircraft, IFR, but not on airline routes.  Pity.

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Michael Fopp said:

This discriminates against those of us who prefer flying light aircraft, IFR, but not on airline routes.

How does having a webpage discriminate against light IFR aircraft? I'm confused.

It was changed to make things simpler for developers.

KntU2Cw.jpg

Dennis Keefe
Posted
Posted

Hello VATSIM-mers,

I've been "arguing" with my X-Pilot client app all morning.

I file a file plan, but ATC doesn't see it....I try to refile but get "heyyyy, there's already a flight plan with that call sign in use, try again in 90 seconds" error.

So....I disconnect, reconnect, refile, no joy, disconnect, reconnect, refile, no joy....arg....then the Ah HA Moment.  Change the call sign (added suffix A to my call sign) and TaDahhhh!  I can file without an error.   But Wait!  Looking at VATSPY, lo and behold, there is no flight plan.....<insert heavy sigh here>.  

Here's what I did to finally solve my issue.

1. Disconnected from X-Pilot

2. Before I connected to X-Plane, I filed my flight plan by clicking on FLIGHT PLAN in X-Pilot (again....I did this BEFORE connecting X-Pilot to X-Plane)

(a sub-note, VATSIM is a simulation of real aviation operations and as such, it strives to replicate real world procedures; thus the simulated ICAO flight planning form and procedure)

3. Then (this is important), I connected my X-Pilot using the EXACT call sign as shown in my filed flight plan.

4. Performed series of happy dance moves, choreographed to entertain Mrs. FlightSim (sorry, no further details available)

Wishing you All many hours of Happy VATSIM Flights.

• Haha 1

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Michael Fopp said:

Now another webpage adds to the CPU usage, gets in the way and demands many more field to be scrolled through before getting to the bottom of the page. This discriminates against those of us who prefer flying light aircraft, IFR, but not on airline routes.

None of the fields after route are required and you only need to go through them the first time you're using the FP page. Once you've established you don't need them, you can just skip them. But if one third of a screen is too much for you to scroll and opening one lightweight webpage without any ads is too taxing on your CPU, I think it's safe to say you're unreasonable.

KntU2Cw.jpg

Andreas Heß
Posted
Posted
On 2/3/2022 at 1:07 PM, Dace Nicmane said:

That is correct, you file the FP on the webpage, then connect. It should also work the other way around, though, as long as you're still at the gate and haven't moved yet. What matters is that the callsign you connect with matches the callsign in your FP.

After all done as you said , in this sequence, it worked, but it is not advisable to let it as it is. May be the software developer can impriove that a bit in future. Tx for helping me. 

• 3 months later...
Marcelo Farah
Posted
Posted (edited)

Maybe a button on the page to import the flight from a disk file could be added to the website, I couldn't find it. There are lots of software which generate the flight plan in vPilot format (vfp), the previous version of xPilot read those files. It could be standard file created by Vatsim. In the other network the process is similar but you can import the flight plan from your computer. 

Not everybody has simbrief to populate the flightplan and I don't intent to. I still don't understand how the 'import ICAO FPL" button works. It opens a window but the format is not clear for me, how does it work?.

On the other hand, today I filed a flight plan, filling in the boxes. it was filed successful, I did my flight and when checked my statitics the flight said "no plan filed". During the flight I checked map.vatsim.net and my flight plan was shown when my plane was selected. I will tried to follow the steps described by Dennis Keefe. 

Edited by Marcelo Farah