You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Planning a DHL virtual airline

Arkadiusz Pawlik

Arkadiusz Pawlik
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello there I am planning on creating a virtual airline based on DHL and the many companies that work under it. A DHL specific virtual airline is surprisingly absent from the virtual airline community. This airline would use real fleets and real routes which the pilot may choose at any time. It would be a semi-realistic experience where schedules are not mandatory. At the beginning I am planning on starting with European Air Transport Leipzig (BCS) and DHL Air UK (DHK). Later down the road we would open other participants such as DHL Ecuador (RTM), Blue Dart Aviation (BDA), etc. The aircraft I am planning on incorporating at the beginning are the A300-600F, A330-200F, A330-300P2F, 757-200PCF, 757-200PF, 757-200SF, 767-300ERF, and the 777F.

I am currently planning this on my own and I have very limited virtual airline experience. I am looking for anyone interested in becoming staff or pilots of this virtual airline. If you know how to run a website, work on acars, or if you have any virtual airline experience it would really help this project go forward. If you are interested in this you can message me or reply to this topic.

Currently this is only an idea with some small work being done, this is not a project that would be completed quickly. I am looking to create this as a high quality project.

Edited by Arkadiusz Pawlik

Martijn Joon
Posted
Posted

I wouldn’t be surprised if DHLva is missing because of licensing issues. But maybe someone else could shed some light on that?

otherwise I’d contact DHL first. Would be a shame of a lot of work if you set something from ground up to than required to close because of a legal letter from DHL