You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

V-Pilot.. unable to see the ATC radio frequencies

Sung Bak

Sung Bak
Posted
Posted

question Guys

when running the V-Pilot.. some reason ... ATC radio frequencies not provided.. even if use popular airports (EGLL-EGKK leg)... it sometimes shows ATC frequencies in EGKK?? not EGLL...

how can i fix this??

Thanks

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hello Sung,

ATC radio frequencies are only displayed for attended positions, not all real-world positions.

Also, under the old voice engine, there used to be a one-to-one correlation between the positions displayed in a pilot client and attended ATC positions.  However, under the current voice engine, it is possible for ATC to be working more than one frequency, though only one frequency per controller is shown.  I'll give one example:  A Center is being controlled by 2 controllers.  Controller A has a temporary internet problem and loses connection (e.g. cat pulls the router's power cord out of the wall).  Controller B quickly adds Controller A's frequency to the list of frequencies he is listening to and transmitting on.  All the pilots on Controller A's frequency can stay on their frequency and there is no disruption to them, Controller B works all aircraft from both sectors, but only Controller B's primary frequency is shown in everyone's pilot client.  

Does this help?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Juan Blanch
Posted
Posted

I'm a new user, but I'm having the same issue. I've tried JFK, DAL, DFW, LAX without luck. It this point I'm not sure if it's me or the app.

Thanks in advance for your help.

JB

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

@Juan BlanchHave you verified that there are controllers actually online near your location when you are looking for frequencies in your pilot client?  You posted about an hour ago, but about an hour ago there were no controllers online in any of the locations you specified (it's the middle of the work/school day in the USA).

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Sung Bak
Posted
Posted

I will try and let you know..

thanks