You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Trying to install Swift and have reached a dead end, help please

Michael Eamer

Michael Eamer
Posted
Posted

I've been working extremely hard to install Swift on my Mac. It's been very difficult but have progressed as far as the attached screen shot which is a dead end for me. Please someone, I need detailed step by step instructions on how to solve this impasse. Thanks!

693315404_ScreenShot2022-01-22at8_30_20PM.thumb.png.86d4961ead819ba6ef546180ee729192.png

Michael Eamer
Posted
Posted

Thanks Andreas, 

I followed the instructions on your suggested video and I think it worked.

Now as I proceed further and I try to log in, I get the attached windows, what to do?

I'm trying to use the Zibo 737/800 with an American Airlines livery, there are several fields, in the two attached windows , that need filling in.

Can you kindly indicate what needs to be put in those spaces please? Thanks very much. Examples, ID ?, password, which, Vatsim or other?

Mode, can't change from observer to normal, name, my real name or the one I use online? Model ? Missing model string?

Michael

437781683_ScreenShot2022-01-23at1_02_32PM.thumb.png.133b8e4eafe30d7932e2d808b7bbca80.png

437781683_ScreenShot2022-01-23at1_02_32PM.thumb.png.133b8e4eafe30d7932e2d808b7bbca80.png 

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

swift is not connected to X-Plane. You can see this by
a) the LED next to "si." (Status Bar on top of the application) not illuminating, and
b) in the section "Own aircraft" you got a red frame for "Model": https://docs.swift-project.org/doku.php?id=connect_online_flight_simulator_network_vatsim_fsd_login_page

Have you installed the essential plugin xswiftbus? If not or if you are not sure, follow this link: https://docs.swift-project.org/doku.php?id=update_same_version#updating_of_xswiftbus
Start the application "swiftLauncher". Then follow the instructions to download and install xswiftbus with the same version number as your main swift program. As you are using MacOS, you may have to extract the content of the zip-file manually to the given path.

After you have done this, I suggest you also watch this tutorial: swiftGUI Basics, First Connection to VATSIM, Program Tour

Edited by Andreas Fuchs

Michael Eamer
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas, thank you for your help, I will study the latest tutorials you sent me and get back to you.

As to XSwiftBus, I installed it as follows: X-Plane11>resources>plugins>Swiftbus.

Back to you in a day or so after I've studied and implemented the latest material.

Regards,

Michael

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Just to be sure: the directory for xswiftbus should "xswiftbus", not "swiftbus": X-Plane 11\Resources\Plugins\xswiftbus

I will be away from home until Tuesday night, take your time.

Michael Eamer
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the above heads up about xswiftbus. That is the way it is in my plugins folder.

However, my launcher number and the xswiftbus number are not exactly the same, launcher is MAC 0.9.7.166 whereas xswiftbus is 

xswiftbus-fat-allos-0.9,7.166.7z

Is that correct?

I still cannot connect, can't activate the si. light, can't get into mode "normal" from "observer" cannot get rid of the red outline around "unique model identifier".

Microphone works OK

When I log onto X-Plane, my Swift set-up windows are overwritten by the X-Plane screen but I can't login to Swift via the X-Plane login window in the menu bar. I see Swift in there but when I select it, none of the options showing up invite a login.

I'll wait for your reply before proceeding.

Thanks,

Michael 

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 1.25.36 PM.png

Michael Eamer
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas,

Here it is.

Michael

366368623_ScreenShot2022-01-25at8_07_15PM.thumb.png.6464e86bbf7f0a854c605e4598a9f0cb.png

Michael Eamer
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas,

Good news, I think we're getting close, opened X-Plane after leaving the attached window on my desktop.

Could see other planes with their ID but could not hear them. Tried to contact them for a voice check, no answer. But at least they were there.

My voice input works, the slider comes alive when I speak.

Any words of wisdom? I'm encouraged!

Regards,

<Michael

705239178_ScreenShot2022-01-25at9_37_27PM.thumb.png.0be5710496183a80068617926b0f09b2.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Michael,

the installation path of xswiftbus looks correct now!

The rest of your problems origin from the fact that swift is still not connected to X-Plane! No connection between those programs = swift is unable to inject traffic data to make X-Plane render the aircraft of those pilots around you.

Have a look to the top of swiftGUI: the LED next to "sim." (=simulator) is still OFF = no connection between X-Plane and swift.

https://docs.swift-project.org/doku.php?id=status_bar

That's how it should look like:  fetch.php?media=manual_swiftgui_statusba

This LED should be lit: fetch.php?media=manual_swiftgui_statusba

I think we better schedule a one-on-one support session to try solve your connection problems. I'm not a MacOS-user, but let's see what we can do. Do you use Discord (preferred as we have a Discord support server with a MacOS-section)? Skype?

Michael Eamer
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas, 

I'm trying to either see if I have a membership or join the Discord site and I keep getting this window every time I select "join", m

How de we get together?

Thanks, 

Michael1561008042_ScreenShot2022-01-26at10_36_17AM.thumb.png.262d69e41f6898d749941c22f1a1d0fa.png

Michael Eamer
Posted
Posted

Sorry Andreas, I don't select "join" what I select is "get started" and it takes me back to the same window again.

Michael

Michael Eamer
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas,

I'm presenting try logged in on the discord on another window and I don't know what to do on there, I need help, last time I went on there was with you a couple or years ago.

Waiting to hear from you with further help on either window, here or on Discord.

Thanks

P.S. on this site, at least I can communicate🙂

Michael Eamer
Posted
Posted

Andreas,

I had a bad install of Discord, had a hard time getting rid of it and cleaning up. I am trying again.

Michael

Michael Eamer
Posted
Posted

Andreas, tried again, got the attached massage, there's something wrong nowhere, what do we do?

Thanks,

Michael1073174302_ScreenShot2022-01-26at3_02_55PM.png.2fcc5b673f0f0a5f4678742cce44f1cf.png

Michael Eamer
Posted
Posted

Correction, not massage, message and not nowhere but somewhere.

Sorry, should have read over before sending.

Michael

Michael Eamer
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas,

Can we try again tomorrow? I must take care of other things and it's getting late for you also.

Let me contact you on here tomorrow around 15:00Z

Hopefully you'll be available. 

I got more than concerned with my trying to get on the Discord, there seems to be problems on there

right now, maybe tomorrow will be better.🙂

Regards,

Michael

Michael Eamer
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas,

I've sent you a message on the Discord, waiting for you on there.🙂

Michael