You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot update 2.0.0

• unable to transmit

Dennis Saunders

Dennis Saunders
Posted
Posted

After installing the latest xpilot v.2.0.0 Beta (20) I can no longer talk to anyone.  I just cannot get the Push to Talk button on my TCA sidestick to transmit audio..  It was perfectly OK before this latest update was forced on me.  I can hear controllers and other pilots, but the little TX light does nothing when I try to transmit.  Obviously the first suspect was the sidestick, but even changing the bind to another button had no effect. The same sidestick still functions normally in MSFS 2020 on another drive, same PC.  I have also tried binding a keyboard key to transmit, but that doesn't work either.  The other suspect was the quirky JD A330 with GE engine mod which I have been flying lately, but I get the same with the Toliss a/c so that seems fine...I'm at my wits end almost with this one.  My old Flying Instructor back in the 1970s used to say, "Better to be down here wanting to be up there, than up there wanting to be down here!"

I hope one of you fellow pilots out there can put me wise here, as I've been trying for a couple of days now with no success. 

Thanks in advance,  Dennis

Juan Ferreira
Posted
Posted

Same issue here: since the update, no matter what key i assign as PTT, it still doesn't activate TX. I can hear 5/5 ATC and other traffic though.

Robert Barry
Posted
Posted (edited)

same here wont tx from ptt joystick assingnment ,nor if i try from keyboard assignment. glad im not alone. anyone found a fix?

i  uninstalled xpilot.then reinstalled. my resources/plugins folder shows xpilot plugin dated 3 feb 2022

still the same cannot tx.

Edited by Robert Barry

Dennis Saunders
Posted
Posted
On 2/3/2022 at 9:46 PM, Robert Barry said:

same here wont tx from ptt joystick assingnment ,nor if i try from keyboard assignment. glad im not alone. anyone found a fix?

i  uninstalled xpilot.then reinstalled. my resources/plugins folder shows xpilot plugin dated 3 feb 2022

still the same cannot tx.

I got the answer from the man himself, JS.  I had binded (bound) my TCA sidestick transmit button (8) to X-Plane's transmit_audio_com1 as I always had done before with no problems.  However, if you type in PTT instead of transmit you now get a new feature named xpilot_push_to_talk (or similar). Straight away the world can hear you! 

Robert Barry
Posted
Posted

thanks dennis,

all tested ok now  tx and rx are 555

Letian Zhang
Posted
Posted

Same issue here, whichever key I set, it doesn't work. So I run AFV for audio transmiting and this work until AFV was updated to V1.9.5. Now I cannot run xpilot and AFV at the same time.

Stephan Buchmann
Posted
Posted

How do you guys try to do that? I bound it in XPlane, joystick/buttons to Xpilot PTT. Worked here without an isse in beta 21.

Letian Zhang
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Stephan Buchmann said:

How do you guys try to do that? I bound it in XPlane, joystick/buttons to Xpilot PTT. Worked here without an isse in beta 21.

However, it doesn't work at here. I have tried in beta 19, 20, 21, 22, PTT works in none of these.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Letian Zhang said:

However, it doesn't work at here. I have tried in beta 19, 20, 21, 22, PTT works in none of these.

What are you using as your PTT? Keyboard or joystick button?

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Letian Zhang
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Justin Shannon said:

What are you using as your PTT? Keyboard or joystick button?

Keyboard, the F8 key usually.

Jorma Vuorio
Posted
Posted

Hide xpilot screen before using PTT