You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Embarresed!

Tyler Calderwood

Tyler Calderwood
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

I'm just posting to spew a few words about my last three Vatsim flights.

First flight I never left the airport. Boston Center was busy and I was so frazzled I could not respond with clearance, even after practicing! 

Second flight was after the servers rebooted last night, so I was on Unicom and I felt more comfortable.

Third flight was today and I had a great experience calling for clearance, taxi and takeoff. The network wasn't too busy and the controller was patient. I took off the runway and MSFS dropped all my frames then I CTD. 

tl;dr I was so proud to have gotten off the runway, but then MSFS crashed.

Filippo Genoni
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey @Tyler Calderwood

Absolutely don’t worry, controllers must provide ATC to everyone, no matter Newbie or Experienced! 

Also, VATSIM periodically organises the “First Wings Event” for all the new users, and, If you partecipate, you will find very calm and professional ATC 🙂 So that you don’t have to worry! (Below the next edition)

Hope this helps,

Filippo,

A7593875-53A1-4583-A0DC-B24D1B593810.png

Edited by Filippo Genoni
  • Like 2

FILIPPO GENONI

S2 - Morocco vACC (VATMENA)

Aaruj Tripathi
Posted
Posted
On 2/6/2022 at 2:32 PM, Filippo Genoni said:

Hey @Tyler Calderwood

Absolutely don’t worry, controllers must provide ATC to everyone, no matter Newbie or Experienced! 

Also, VATSIM periodically organises the “First Wings Event” for all the new users, and, If you partecipate, you will find very calm and professional ATC 🙂 So that you don’t have to worry! (Below the next edition)

Hope this helps,

Filippo,

A7593875-53A1-4583-A0DC-B24D1B593810.png

This is really good! Where can I get more details about this event?

Matisse VanWezer
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Aaruj Tripathi said:

This is really good! Where can I get more details about this event?

First Wings (vatsim.net)

• Like 1

Streaming Brussels Control since 2018 on MatisseRAdar - Twitch to create time lapses on YouTube and TikTok