You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM Pilot Hours Problem

Christian Diedmann

Christian Diedmann
Posted
Posted

Hi, everyone,

I need your help. I'm new to Vatsim and have searched the forum for solutions but haven't found any.

I've been on vatsim for almost two weeks now. I passed the first exam and made a few flights. Definitely 6 hours. However, on the Vastim page, it shows me a Pilot Hours of 0.5. But that's not true.

What am I doing wrong? or how can I fix this error?

I thank you in advance for your help

Lars Bergmann
Posted
Posted

There is (probably) nothing you are doing wrong and there is (probably) nothing you can do to fix it. Server hiccups will occasionally lead to time not being logged. VATSIM is not a flight log, if you need accurate times you should consider using an actual flight logger (like Volanta).

The only thing that could be causing this that you can fix is to check if you connected as an observer on those flights. (Check if those flights show up as observer connections on https://stats.vatsim.net/stats.) You could (and should!) fix that by not connecting as an observer 😄 

Christian Diedmann
Posted
Posted (edited)

Many thanks for the answer 🙂

Your link (https://stats.vatsim.net/stats) shows me exactly my hours. I also logged in correctly ^^

I was just surprised why at www.myvatsim.net under Pilot Hours there was only 0.5.

I wasn't concerned with a direct recording of flying hours. I only know that from IVAO that the hours are displayed there to see when you have to take which test to move up a rank.

Edited by Christian Diedmann

Lars Bergmann
Posted
Posted

If it shows up on the stats page it was logged correctly 🙂 It will probably update on my.vatsim.net if you log out and back in, though that is just an educated guess on my part.

• 4 weeks later...
Bryan Reed
Posted
Posted (edited)

this issue is common, no explanation is offer by vatsim.net i'm short of over of over 130 hrs ID:1439925

Edited by Bryan Reed

Tobias Dammers
Posted
Posted

I guess the best explanation you'll get is something like: "VATSIM is not a logbook, pilot hours are given as-is, as a courtesy, don't complain if they're wrong, because they probably are".

23.png

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Bryan Reed said:

this issue is common, no explanation is offer by vatsim.net i'm short of over of over 130 hrs ID:1439925

did you look on stats.vatsim.net ?

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

If you are concerned that there is a discrepancy between your hours shown in myVATSIM vs. stats.vatsim.net, suggest you open a Technology support ticket at support.vatsim.net

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Bryan Reed
Posted
Posted
On 3/3/2022 at 1:23 AM, Robert Shearman Jr said:

did you look on stats.vatsim.net ?

yes i did but still it is showing 130 hrs short on my profile and vatscope but my stats are correct  with 1000 hrs+