You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Difference between MSFS and Jeppesen published airport layout (parking) - what to do ?

Igor Braginsky

Igor Braginsky
Posted
Posted

Dear VATSim'ers

Using MSFS 2020 with latest AIRAC from Navigraf finding difference in parking place mapping between MSFS and Jeppesen (I use ForeFlight for flight planning). So unclear for me how should I act if for example now, planning my second in the life 🙂 🙂 flight VATSIM from EPWA what I choose in MSFS as "Parking stand 80" will appear in Jeppesen at absolutely opposite border of airport? As I understand it will lead to wrong taxi instruction, as GND and MSFS will expect me to be in different places?

Please help! Thanks in advance

Igor

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

The controllers use real world stand numbers. So you have to be able to approximate your position according to those. Always use the real stand number because the controller has no idea what your MSFS is showing. Welcome to VATSIM.

KntU2Cw.jpg

Igor Braginsky
Posted
Posted

Thanks! So if I got you right procedure as follows: I choose available stand at MSFS, then when flight starting I see at map where I'm located and translate it to realworld position (stand number or some)?

Thanks a lot! 

Best regards

Igor

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

Correct. I guess you could also find yourself between stands but just pick the closest. Controllers are used to discrepancies between simulators, outdated sceneries etc so all they need is your approximate position so they can find you.

KntU2Cw.jpg

Igor Braginsky
Posted
Posted

Got it, great thanks !!

Good day

Igor