You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Model Matching with AIG and "imaginary" Airline & Model Combinations

Daniel Saffran

Daniel Saffran
Posted
Posted

Hello,

as I'm enjoying my first VATSIM Hours, vPilot is really a great Tool and most of the Model Matching with AIG works just "out of the box". 🙂

But for some "imaginary" Combinations, for e.g. Real Airline Code with a Model they don't fly or virtual/custom Airline Code with whatever Model, the CRJ is displayed (as expected).
Now I wondered: When I create some Custom Rules without CallSignPrefix to map the TypeCodes to some specific Model ... what happens to the Default Rules? Since the Custom Rules always take Precedence, would vPilot still be able to use specific Matches from the Default Rules (e.g. a 777 from BAW)? Or would it be necessary to match everything manual in order for these "type-matching-only" Rules to work?

Cheers,
Daniel

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If by "default" rules, you mean the rules that vPilot auto-generates, then yes, they will still take effect, but only if no match is found in custom rulesets.

Details here.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Daniel Saffran
Posted
Posted

I've read that, therefore the Question ^^

As an Example what I meant: When I have a Custom Rule without CallSignPrefix to map the the Type B77W to some Model - would the auto-generated Rules still match a specific case, like a B77W with Callsign BAW?

This Custom Rule is something like a "Wildcard Rule" in my Understanding. When such a Rule is processed first, it would normally mean that all specific Rules after that would be ignored.

Thanks 🙂

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Did you read the section in the docs about the multiple passes? Rules without a callsign prefix are ignored in the first two passes.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Daniel Saffran
Posted
Posted

*double face palm*

Not that far unfortunately 🙄 😅

Okay so it is no Problem with these "model-only" Custom Rules, vPilot will prefer the exact match and will only then use these Custom Rules.

Great Tool! 🙂

Thanks for your Patience ^^

Daniel Saffran
Posted
Posted

Here's the Custom Rule Set File for this "model-only" Rules I wrote about.

Far from perfect, but should help seeing less CRJ-700's 🙂 

Had to add .pdf to upload it, so remove before flight 😅

DefaultTypeRules.vmr.pdf