You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSpy crashes when loading FIR defined by certain Callsign Prefixes

Alex Ying

Alex Ying
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm attempting to add a new FIR (ZNY West Sectors which will be open regularly outside of events). There are no issues with the FIR boundary definition in FIRBoundaires.dat. In an attempt to get Simaware (which implements full substring prefix matching as far as I can tell) and maybe VatSpy (not sure exactly how it works) to recognize the sector open on its own and not lighting up all of ZNY, I defined

KZNY-W|New York - West Sectors|NY_W|KZNY-W

in the VATSpy.dat file. This format matches how other sub-sectors have previously been defined (SCO, ED**, etc.) except the difference is it's only 2 characters before the underscore instead of 3 or 4. However, on attempting open VATSpy with this line in the .dat file crashes the program. Changing it to 

KZNY-W|New York - West Sectors|ZNY_W|KZNY-W or KZNY-W|New York - West Sectors|NY|KZNY-W

does not crash the program. However, those would not recognize the planned callsigns used to open the sector.

Edit: I don't know what I changed, but it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't as I make edits to FIRBoundaries.dat

As an aside, I do know it's been brought up before regarding standardizing subsector formats. Do we know who even to talk to about getting that made official? It looks like most if not all the subsector definitions in https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/vatspy-data-project use a single "_" (like standard callsign infixes) or "-" to separate subsectors from the facilities prefix.

Edited by Alex Ying

spacer.png

Instructor // ZNY/ZWY Facility Coordinator

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What happens when it crashes? Is there an error?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Alex Ying
Posted
Posted

The splash-page starts up and shows some of the loading status text (happens quickly, so I never really caught where it stops) and then the splash page goes away and then nothing. No sign of VatSpy in the Task Manager either after that.

I tried to replicate it just now to see if I could get a video of it but haven't had any success doing that. When I wrote up the post initially, it was occuring every time, and then when I made some edits, it would happen intermittently, sometimes even without editing the file, it seemed random each time I tried to start it.

spacer.png

Instructor // ZNY/ZWY Facility Coordinator

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Then it's probably not related to the file edits, it's probably something else.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 2 weeks later...
Marvin Palmer
Posted
Posted (edited)

I run it on a slow PC, so it seems to get to tessellating polygons...then it shuts down.

with the task manager open, I get a status "Suspended" when it shuts down.

Specs are:

Inspiron 22-3263 (i3-6100U) running Win10 21H2 (19044.1586)

if there is a file to review, i'd be willing to send it.

----From Event viewer, Applications----

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" /> 
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> 
  <Version>0</Version> 
  <Level>2</Level> 
  <Task>100</Task> 
  <Opcode>0</Opcode> 
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2022-03-10T16:36:29.9489229Z" /> 
  <EventRecordID>48886</EventRecordID> 
  <Correlation /> 
  <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" /> 
  <Channel>Application</Channel> 
  <Computer>DELL-TPC</Computer> 
  <Security /> 
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>VATSpy.exe</Data> 
  <Data>1.3.3.19</Data> 
  <Data>6064a834</Data> 
  <Data>ig9icd64.dll</Data> 
  <Data>26.20.100.8142</Data> 
  <Data>5e91fbd8</Data> 
  <Data>c000041d</Data> 
  <Data>00000000004c5a69</Data> 
  <Data>26b4</Data> 
  <Data>01d8349cf9b78b01</Data> 
  <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\VATSpy\VATSpy.exe</Data> 
  <Data>C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_3d5f0f618ec87fe7\ig9icd64.dll</Data> 
  <Data>c7d455f7-d523-4579-ab21-8cca50a96f37</Data> 
  <Data /> 
  <Data /> 
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Edited by Marvin Palmer
added xml of event fault

Marvin Palmer
Posted
Posted

and this one as well...hope this helps

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" /> 
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID> 
  <Version>0</Version> 
  <Level>2</Level> 
  <Task>0</Task> 
  <Opcode>0</Opcode> 
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2022-03-10T16:32:31.6916791Z" /> 
  <EventRecordID>48878</EventRecordID> 
  <Correlation /> 
  <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" /> 
  <Channel>Application</Channel> 
  <Computer>DELL-TPC</Computer> 
  <Security /> 
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Application: VATSpy.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException at Tao.OpenGl.Gl+Imports.Vertex3dv(Double*) at Tao.OpenGl.Gl.glVertex3dv(IntPtr) at Tao.OpenGl.Glu.gluTessEndPolygon(GLUtesselator) at RossCarlson.Vatsim.VatSpy.Ui.Map.MapManager.BuildStaticDisplayLists() at RossCarlson.Vatsim.VatSpy.Ui.Forms.MainForm.MainForm_Load(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(System.EventArgs) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef) at RossCarlson.Vatsim.VatSpy.Ui.Forms.MainForm.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)</Data> 
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Bill721
Posted
Posted

I'm having the issue also.  Just started recently.  Attempt to load the program and you see the loading splash screens, however, the program never appears.  After running the program a second or third time in the same session it shows up.  Any help would be appreciated

Bill Ditz