You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sim Aware - Rating display question

Marcelo Luiz Figueira

Marcelo Luiz Figueira
Posted
Posted

Hi there guys,

I was wondering why some aircraft on Sim Aware display "PPL" tags and some do not. Is it an option for members to display or hide it? Same for controllers.

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

Never seen it. Can you show us a screenshot of what you're seeing?

KntU2Cw.jpg

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Are you certain that the people you are seeing without the tag have been awarded one of the VATSIM pilot ratings?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

If you mean the yellow tag next to the pilot's name when you click on an aircraft, you should be seeing not only PPL but also IR, CMEL and ATPL. People earn ratings to show them off, so why would somebody want to hide them? So no, members who don't have a tag simply don't have a rating. Also, haven't seen pilot ratings displayed for ATC.

KntU2Cw.jpg

Daniel Faria
Posted
Posted

I see it too!!!! it is because you can earn that rating by  going to https://my.vatsim.net/pilots/train and then you have to  complete an exam and then you earn that rating.

1616573      alexandrerezende.net           prayorbeprayedfor.com

• 2 weeks later...
Marcelo Luiz Figueira
Posted
Posted (edited)

On VATSpy you can see all the ratings (Pilots and controllers). On SimAware, just PPLs. Why does it happen?

image.thumb.png.2812118e9e3b7e2cd453f9131dfdd9a8.png

Edited by Marcelo Luiz Figueira

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

I just checked some 10 flights and looks like simaware only shows PPL correctly. All the IR pilots are shown as CMEL, and ATPL and CMEL tags are not shown at all. Apparently a simaware problem.

• Thanks 1
KntU2Cw.jpg