You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I can't tranmit on Xpilot

Martin Hammersley

Martin Hammersley
Posted
Posted

Hi, I have been having problems using xpilot and transmitting on Vatsim, I am hoping someone can help me sort the problem out.

Since I updated to the new version of Xpilot, beta 26, I've been having problems transmitting on vatsim. I have set my PTT button in xplane, as before, and i filled in all of the information, the blue/green volume bar lights up, but when connected, if I push the PTT button it is as of nothing happens. The blue Tx box doent light up like it used to, and no one seems to be able to hear me.

I have tried reverting back to the previous instalation of xpilot, Beta 21, which seemed to work, but I still have the same problem.

It's really annoying, as I can't stand using the keyboard to talk to atc, meaning that I in effect can not fly on Vatsim anymore.

I hope that someone can help me with this,

Martin

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted
On 2/22/2022 at 2:12 PM, Martin Hammersley said:

Hi, I have been having problems using xpilot and transmitting on Vatsim, I am hoping someone can help me sort the problem out.

Since I updated to the new version of Xpilot, beta 26, I've been having problems transmitting on vatsim. I have set my PTT button in xplane, as before, and i filled in all of the information, the blue/green volume bar lights up, but when connected, if I push the PTT button it is as of nothing happens. The blue Tx box doent light up like it used to, and no one seems to be able to hear me.

I have tried reverting back to the previous instalation of xpilot, Beta 21, which seemed to work, but I still have the same problem.

It's really annoying, as I can't stand using the keyboard to talk to atc, meaning that I in effect can not fly on Vatsim anymore.

I hope that someone can help me with this,

Martin

So what are you using for PTT? If you use keyboard then xPlane must the windows that has focus. I suggest you use e.g. joystick trigger which does not have this limit.

ACH2118.jpg

Martin Hammersley
Posted
Posted

Thank you, the bit about xplane having to be in focus seemed to do the trick. I am using a keyboard key bc I don't currently own a joystick or something similar, but thanks for the advice, it saved my day ♥