You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vancouver FIR (CZVR): Mountain Madness Feb10 1800-2300UTC

Brandon Van Brunt 939678

Brandon Van Brunt 939678
Posted
Posted

mountain_madness.jpg

Name: Vancouver FIR Mountain Madness

Date: Saturday, February 10, 2007

Time: 1000 - 1500 PST (1800 - 2300 UTC)

It is my pleasure to introduce to your Vancouver FIR Mountain Madness. It is an all day event taking place on Saturday, February 10, at 1800 - 2300 UTC. It will be an event sponsored by many of the add-on companies that we have known and can’t do without. The opportunity exists to add these add-ons to your hangar, scenery to your database, or weather to your route. We currently have more than 30 prizes and the list keeps growing. But you must participate in order to win! This is an event similar to the one organized at the Edmonton FIR which was termed the “Halloween Extremeâ€

Brandon Van Brunt

VATCAN Director of Human Resources

CZVR Instructor

4608.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Justin Martin
Posted
Posted
thanksvancouver.jpg
Justin.png

Ian Elchitz 810151
Posted
Posted

I took my new X-Plane Piper Malibu (N301TL) for a spin during the event from Victoria to Penticton. Weather was serious IFR and made for some rough flying and a fun approach with Vancouver Radio.

I wanted to say thanks for everyone who provided ATC during my flight. Sounded very realistic and I had a great time.

Ian Elchitz

Just a guy without any fancy titles

Dave Catalani
Posted
Posted

Had a great time. The weather made for some interesting approaches. I had not noticed that the ILS approach for RWY 16 was not in FS9 until too late. Not one of my better landings. Just noticed the link to the navaid fixes on CZVR website. My bad. I had studied everything that I thought I would need.

Great event...wonderful fun.