You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

MSFS2020 model matching

Hakan RUZGAR

Hakan RUZGAR
Posted
Posted

Guys I want to know whether original VATSIM model matchings are W.I.P. or not, like I used to have model matchings downloaded automatically in X-Plane.
I can''t get AIG installations to work for MSFS2020 on my system. Can't wait for automatic downloadable model matchings via VATSIM.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

There is no such project that I'm aware of.

• Like 1

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Hakan RUZGAR
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

There is no such project that I'm aware of.

So we won't be able to install model matchings automatically for MSFS2020 via vPilot, is there a chance in future?

Edited by Hakan RUZGAR

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Someone will have to create one.  So yes, there is a chance.  When that may happen is anyone's guess -- someone has to step up and assemble the model set, obtain all relevant permissions to distribute it, and create the installer or other distribution method.

• Like 1

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Ralph Kloess
Posted
Posted
On 2/24/2022 at 2:18 AM, Hakan RUZGAR said:

Guys I want to know whether original VATSIM model matchings are W.I.P. or not, like I used to have model matchings downloaded automatically in X-Plane.
I can''t get AIG installations to work for MSFS2020 on my system. Can't wait for automatic downloadable model matchings via VATSIM.

I looked at the AIG installation and modification tasks and figured "I'll wait"

Ralph

• Like 1

Roger Hanson
Posted
Posted (edited)

AIG matchmaking works very well but it just takes computer time to download and setup. This video  explains it quite simply.

You have to D/L the AIG Manager and AIG Traffic Manager zips first, then install the AIG Manager, select which airlines you want (just try 1 or 2 first), and watch the program D/L the aircraft and liveries.

Once that's done you then start the Traffic Manager and you're away.

It only takes a bit of your time to install the rest is the AIG downloading the files and installing them.

Edited by Roger Hanson
  • Like 1

Regards, Rog Hanson

• 2 months later...
Karl Wiegand
Posted
Posted

Tried that AIG manager, but the stable version "isn't online" and the current Beta doesn't have the OCI button enabled.