You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

HOW TO READBACK A OCEANIC CLEARENCE

Daniel Faria

Daniel Faria
Posted
Posted

Hey all. I Daniel Faria and I was wondering how to readback an oceanic clearence. I was flying from like eddf to kbos and then eurocontrol hadnded me over to NAT_FSS. I didnt even know I had to request clearence to cross but i had used sim aware and it gave me on my route a bunch of N42-2s all these well  ??? so he is like are you here to request a clearence? Im like uuuh ya. he like ok you are cleared to kbos by 42n 54s 58N s245 N58S 42N 62S 72W 42N and then he ended the transmiton. so I had barely any Idea what he said and i thought it was the route on my FMS so im like... ROGER THANKS and then he is like um sir I need the full readback... 😮😮😮😮😮😮 uuuuh then i am like um can you send oceanic clearence via text? He is like ok stankby. I felt SOOOO bad for him to send that huge clearence via text but ok. so how do you guys do it? do you type is all down really quicky??? Well that time it did not really matter because i was at fl300 on xplane 11 flying on the mouse and you know it went t touch something on the cockpit and exploded!!! sad ending for me hahahaha.

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

Sounds like you jumped into the deep end without preparation.

ACH2118.jpg

Liesel Downes
Posted
Posted
  • Like 1

Liesel Downes
she/her/hers

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

This may also be of interest to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrgLAAePKUA.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager

• 1 month later...
Paul Reid
Posted
Posted
On 2/27/2022 at 8:25 PM, Liesel Downes said:

Hello. Website not been working for 1 week. 502 Bad Gateway error message shows up. I have reported it last week.

Thank you.

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

All covered in, yes you guessed it, my.vatsim.net

myvatsim.JPG

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Posted
Posted
On 4/18/2022 at 10:41 AM, Paul Reid said:

Hello. Website not been working for 1 week. 502 Bad Gateway error message shows up. I have reported it last week.

Thank you.

Thanks, we're aware of the issue.

C1-rated controller

• 1 month later...
Paul Reid
Posted
Posted

Hello David.

I see the website is back up and running but checked a fair bit late but thank you. Looking forward to flying oceanic again soon.

Kind Regards.

Paul Reid.