You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

TowerView | Euroscope and swift

Andreas Fuchs

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi all,

just a short heads up to all controllers who would like to user TowerView: the latest version of swift pilot client does work with Euroscope, I just tested it in conjunction with X-Plane 11 and swift 0.12.2.

How it is set up in general can be seen here: https://docs.swift-project.org/doku.php?id=tower_view_controllers_euroscope_vstars&s

There is one important setting that you'll need to change, though: in swift server settings you'll have to select FSD (private) instead of "VATSIM" to make it work with Velocity. All the other settings in our manual remain valid.

IMPORTANT: You can disregard the change in settings as described in the previous paragraph. You need to install Euroscope 3.2 Beta 34 (or newer), then define "Eco" again as "VATSIM". Euroscope's built-in FSD-server is now up to date and compatible with Velocity.

Edited by Andreas Fuchs
  • Like 1

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

I assume that this won't get you velocity-like movements, and it'll be the same as it was pre-velocity.

Edited by Ross Carlson

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hard to say, but all movements of aircraft seemed to have been smooth - possibly through classic interpolation code. Moving aircraft parts worked as well. Until Gergely has been able to change Euroscope, this will be a solution and TowerView can be continued to be used.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi all, I have updated the first post in this thread.

IMPORTANT: You can disregard the change in settings as described in the previous paragraph. You need to install Euroscope 3.2 Beta 34 (or newer), then define "Eco" again as "VATSIM". Euroscope's built-in FSD-server is now up to date and compatible with Velocity.