You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot crashes JBL Quantum 7.1 sound system drivers freezing msfs

John Da Costa

John Da Costa
Posted
Posted

Vpilot crashes the whole driver system for sound in windows 10 when you  click ptt twice while another person is talking on frequency. It takes down the entire windows audio. You can then kill the process and bring it back up again after a few minutes. Any ideas on how to prevent this? 

Michael Hawkins
Posted
Posted

happened to me too. I'm also getting error message (attached) when I have the VoiceMeter application running. Last night I had the error but was able to continue and everything still worked fine. But today now Im not able to PTT at all or get any ATC audio.

error snip.PNG

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted
On 3/6/2022 at 10:32 AM, Michael Hawkins said:

happened to me too. I'm also getting error message (attached) when I have the VoiceMeter application running. Last night I had the error but was able to continue and everything still worked fine. But today now Im not able to PTT at all or get any ATC audio.

error snip.PNG

That error code indicates the device you have selected is being used by another application in exclusive mode, and so can’t be started. You can disable exclusive mode in the windows sound settings advanced properties page for the device

Jake

Developer - vatSys

image.png.3cc3dde479bc419c580ca959161ce25e.png

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted
On 3/6/2022 at 6:26 AM, John Da Costa said:

Vpilot crashes the whole driver system for sound in windows 10 when you  click ptt twice while another person is talking on frequency. It takes down the entire windows audio. You can then kill the process and bring it back up again after a few minutes. Any ideas on how to prevent this? 

Have you tried alternative output / input devices to see if it is linked?

Jake

Developer - vatSys

image.png.3cc3dde479bc419c580ca959161ce25e.png