You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Tower View not working

Marcel Marzec

Marcel Marzec
Posted
Posted

Hello!

I've been using towerview for a while now and it was all working fine up to when velocity got introduced. The problem is that the other aircraft spawn into the SIM but they are then stationary. I've tried reinstalling xpilot and euroscope but they still do not work.

The message pops up in text that I am connected to tower view via the proxy and there are no errors in text.

Lars Bergmann
Posted
Posted

For it to work properly you will have to wait for EuroScope to update or start using vSTARS. You might get it working at the pre-velocity update rate by switching to swift as you pilot client.

Adam Trzcinski
Posted
Posted

I have the same issue here, using EuroScope 3.2a(R33) and xPilot 2.0.0-beta.34

Aircraft spawn in SIM, but then remain stationary.
I am not entirely sure if this is related to Velocity, as it worked a few weeks ago after Velocity was released and now today I am controlling again after 3 or 4 weeks and it does not properly work anymore.

Since xPilot is already installed I would hope for a solution here, rather than installing SWIFT just for my controlling addiction...

VATSIM Germany

www.ftw-sim.de | Fly-The-World economic simulation

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hallo Adam, I think this is all about "Velocity". Euroscope's inbuilt FSD-server is not compatible with "Velocity" yet and swift may be your only way to have a functioning TowerView, for the time being. Euroscope needs to be updated (=its FSD component). I hope that this is going to happen anytime soon.

If you need help you know where to find me.

Robert Terrace
Posted
Posted
On 4/13/2022 at 9:36 AM, Andreas Fuchs said:

Hallo Adam, I think this is all about "Velocity". Euroscope's inbuilt FSD-server is not compatible with "Velocity" yet and swift may be your only way to have a functioning TowerView, for the time being. Euroscope needs to be updated (=its FSD component). I hope that this is going to happen anytime soon.

If you need help you know where to find me.

A few of the UK controllers are still using a legacy version of xPilot, which retains Velocity functionality, as well as the ability to have Towerview working. IIRC, its around r21/22 on the Github that still has that.

• Thanks 1

Rob Terrace - EGCN