You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Walker Air Transport - Freedom to Fly

Sebastian Neumann

Sebastian Neumann
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello fellow VATSIM Pilots.

Are you actually having any fun flying for your Virtual Airline? Are you tired of all the rules? All the regulations? All of the tedious restrictions on what you can fly, when you can fly and how you can fly?

All the slow, cumbersome and outdated operations systems? All the inconsistencies of management’s decision-making?

If so, then, Walker Air Transport may be the place for you ... 

5e8lig2xfzv71.jpg

Founded in 1999 by a small group of US and European aviation enthusiasts on a simple premise revolving around freedom of choice and having fun, this vibrant community has become one of the most active VAs in the World – and now, we cordially invite you to join us.

So, what can you expect?

- A bespoke and automated Flight Data System driven by ACARS – for those with PCs and MacOS [X-Plane only].

- A state-of-the-art Website and data-driven Crew Operations interface.

- A very large, active and steadily growing Community with nearly 2,000 Pilots operating an average of 250-350 flights per day [a large number of those done on VATSIM]. In addition to that, several of our Pilots are active VATSIM ATC Controllers in places all around the World.

- Pilots of all kinds, from casual hobbyists to those with real-world Pilot ratings – come together on the company’s Discord to share their knowledge, experience and enthusiasm for flying in FSX, MSFS2020, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

- A diverse fleet of over 170 modern and vintage aircraft – GA, Airliners and Freighters. And even a few surprises. Each one wears our distinctive livery. And something else? New aircraft are always being added. If there’s one you fly that’s not already in our Fleet, submit a Help Ticket, and, as long as it meets our requirements, every effort will be made to add it.

- An enormous, worldwide network of over 640,000 real-world Scheduled and Cargo routes sourced from nearly all major Airlines.

- A Charter module where you can create your own flights and go wherever you want to go. As long as the airport exists in your Flight Sim’s database, you can fly there.

- Regularly-scheduled VATSIM events to fly with your fellow WAT Pilots – and each one giving you an opportunity to earn double points and hours for your flight.

Does this sound like something for you? If so, then come fly with us and reconnect with what got you airborne in the first place – a sense of freedom and having fun.

https://crew.walkerair.us/registration

Have questions? Check out our Homepage [https://walkerair.us/] or leave me a comment here.

Thanks! We’ll look forward to seeing you soon in the virtual skies. Happy flying!

Edited by Sebastian Neumann

spacer.png

Paul de Graaff
Posted
Posted

As a member for the last year, I can confirm all of what Sebastian is saying, and I can't stress enough how fantastic our community is! I spend as much time talking to my fellow pilots on Discord as I spent flying 🙂 

• Like 1

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted
On 4/12/2022 at 8:56 AM, Sebastian Neumann said:

leave me a comment here.

You need to explain to Vatsim pilots on how to put Discord tag on pilot application. Not many people know how

CQwL8Nm.png

Sebastian Neumann
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your reply. The Discord ID is not mandatory for the signup process. So whomever is not involved in to discord and has no desire to be so should not have any problem signing up. 

spacer.png

• 6 months later...
Sebastian Neumann
Posted
Posted (edited)

1.thumb.jpg.3948d8094ec4c3a449a4bd217ca632b2.jpg

Another CTP done. Many thanks to all the hard working Vatsim Staff and controllers making this possible from our ~40 Pilots attending this time....you guys are the best. See you next time heading west again.

Edited by Sebastian Neumann

spacer.png