You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Razr Black Shark V2 Pro (how do I test audio?)

Martino Lazzaroni

Martino Lazzaroni
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi,

I just connected to VATSIM and after setting up the headset and microphone but I can't hear nothing.  I want to leave my speakers as the output for the engines and environment.  How do I test the microphone / headset functionality?  I am sitting at a ramp as an observer, so I am not actively engaged in communication with ground.  Adjusting the sliders in the VPilot Settings will not show any effect on the bar...  I am not sure what's missing.

Hoping the following helps sort out the issue... when I select PTT and assign a button located on my yoke, I get an error message "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application... (PropVariant VT_EMPTY)".  I have never used Vatsim until now.  Hope someone can help🤕

Edited by Martino Lazzaroni

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately I can't help with that specific error message.  But once someone responds with some useful guidance on that, an audio check can be performed by tuning COM1 and COM2 radios to the same frequency, setting both (via the aircraft radio panel) to receive / monitor, and transmitting.  If everything is working, you'll hear yourself back, slightly delayed.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png