You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No Exam available after new member orientation

Chase Weigel

Chase Weigel
Posted
Posted

Hello, I completed the new member orientation and clicked on the directed link for the exam, however there is no exam available.  I have logged out and back in and still do not have any exams to take. 

Is it possible to get the exam assigned to me.

Thank you

Chase W

No Exams Available.jpg

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hello, Chase, and welcome back!

Since you joined VATSIM prior to the New Member Orientation (P0) requirement, you are "grandfathered" from that requirement.  Your membership account is active.  

That said, I'm glad you took the orientation course, and hope it helped prepare you for your time on the network!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Chase Weigel
Posted
Posted

Thank you Don for the information. I look forward to getting back onto the network.

• 1 month later...
David Gustafson
Posted
Posted

I'm having the same issue.  I don't see the exam but now understand that I also was grandfathered in.  The question that I have at this point is that it is still show my current rating as "New Member" on the Pilot Training page.  I'm guessing that that would be updated if I were to go through the PPL training, correct?  Second, if that is the case, do I need to click on the "View ATO Roster" link under "Start Your Training"?  I just want to make sure that I'm not skipping steps.

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

As a P0 you have the label "new member" and that would change if you get a rating. The steps are that if you want a rating, you do P1 first. You start training for that with an ATO. It's best to choose a "local" ATO as they would teach local procedures and aviation practice.

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.