You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Need Help with changing my region

• regions

Felix Peschel

Felix Peschel
Posted
Posted

I wanted to change my region from Vatsim germany to vatsim UK but it only gave me the option to change to the Americas. I thought I had to change to the americas and then change myself back to a different european division but now I am region locked for 3 months. I am already enrolled in Vatsim Germany in the Brandenburg Subdivision and just got my confirmation that I am in the waitlist. Is there any way to change my division back to europe via an Admin or am I stuck in the Americas for 3 months? Will this remove me out of the waitlist in the German Subdivision?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

From the member support FAQ ( https://support.vatsim.net/kb/faq.php?id=7 ) :

Remember, Regions are large parts of the Earth. VATSIM currently has 3 (Americas; Asia Pacific; Europe, Middle East and Africa). Divisions are smaller, and typically cover one or a small number of countries (e.g. United States Division, UK Division, South Africa Division, etc.)

Recommend you contact Simon Irvine, VP EMEA Region, and let him know what you did, and request he consider your request to be moved back to EMEA.

I would also suggest you contact Brandenburg staff and let them know.  I don't know their systems; perhaps you can remain on the waitlist, or perhaps you'd have to be re-added once you are able to rejoin the EMEA Region, Europe Division (VATEUD).

Best of luck.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• Board of Governors
Simon Irvine
Posted
Posted

Hey Felix

Check your forum PMs. I’ve sent you a message. 

Simon Irvine

VP Europe, Middle East and Africa Region

• 1 month later...
Patrick Lechsner
Posted
Posted (edited)

Solved

Edited by Patrick Lechsner
Solved