You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Voice Transmitting ONLY when Com1 & Com2 are on same Freq

Chase Weigel

Chase Weigel
Posted
Posted

Hi, I clearly am doing something wrong with my Com's and I hope someone can help.  Note: I am running both MSFS and vpilot on Admin when on the network. 

I have been flying the Fenix A320 and the only way I can get voice to transmit out (no issue receiving voice communications) is when Com1 and Com2 are on the same Freq (Ex Com1: 122.8, Com2: 122.8) and when I push the PTT, only Com2 Rx (lights up) sends out.  If I change one of the Com Frequencies (ex: Com1: 122.8, Com2: 124.55) so that they are not matching and then push the PTT, only Tx will transmit through Com1 and no voice (Rx) out of either Com.  

I don't have an issue necessarily with using Com2 to transmit voice, however, since the system is requiring Com1 and Com2 to be on the same Freq, I am stuck having to hear my own communication (slightly delayed) which is not ideal for me. I know my voice communication is broadcasting as I requested a radio check this morning on the Unicom and got a 5x5 reply back.  I would appreciate any recommendations or help anyone can provide.  I have been having an "interesting" time getting everything to work on vpilot and right now it seems like I am in the spot where once I figure out one issue, another pops us.  This is the latest, and I hope the last, if I can get this solved.

Thank you in advance and happy flying

Chase 

Matthew Orlando
Posted
Posted

Can you share a pic of your radio panel?

Chase Weigel
Posted
Posted

Matthew,

Here are two screen shots. The first I have Com1 on Unicom and Com2 set to Bos Ctr on 134.7 and when I transmit I only get Tx on Com1

The second photo, I have Com1 and Com2 on the Unicom Freq and when I press the PTT, it only sends out Rx on Com2 and I hear my radio call on Com1 since it is also tuned there.  

I have no issues receiving voice on Com1 when the two radios are tuned to different Freq. 

If you see something on my radio panel that isn't correct or have any ideas what I have done wrong I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Chase

Vatsim Radio Issue both Com1 and Com2 on UNICOM and only transmits from Com2.jpg

Vatsim Radio Issue Com1 on UNICOM only transmit Tx.jpg