You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot messing with microphone input

Andreas Broerken

Andreas Broerken
Posted
Posted

I'm having an issue with current vPilot client, that everything that is received on the frequency is also put into my microphone. So when I'm also on Discord while flying everyone in the channel can hear the controller talking, which is extremly annoying. Since vPilot is the only program doing this and other programs like Spotify do not show this behaviour it has to be an issue involving this program. 

I already checked all my Windows audio settings, but they are all fine and I can't see any issues there.

Does anyone else have this issue or any idea, what might be causing this?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I think this is unlikely to be a vPilot problem since I would have heard about it by now. Also, this issue would probably also be present in other pilot clients that use the same AFV code library that vPilot uses.

I would also suggest that the fact that this issue doesn't happen with Spotify isn't necessarily relevant given that Spotify doesn't utilize your microphone, as far as I'm aware.

What type of headset are you using?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Andreas Broerken
Posted
Posted

Currently I'm using a Beyerdynamic MMX300 plugged directly into the onboard sound jacks. But I also had these same issues before with a Sennheiser Game One at the same PC. 

Not sure if any other programms using AFV are affected, I think I only used vPilot that uses that library.