You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Aircraft Operator Livery Selection

Michael Becker

Michael Becker
Posted
Posted

I can't seem to figure out (or maybe it's just not an option right now) how to select what livery my plane is showing.

Two examples I can think of at the moment:

SKW - Skywest - operates flights using American, Alaska, United, Delta - I would like to be able to select what E175 operator livery is showing to other pilots

FIN - currently operating DH8D from Wideroe but the callsigns are FIN so this does not show up properly to other pilots.

Ideally, I would think you would have two options (the old way to connect to VATSIM using xsquawkbox for example) - (1) enter callsign, and (2) select livery. The livery selection would be what is matched up with the CSL model matching.

Alex Noble
Posted
Posted

At the moment, what you appear as to others is based purely on the callsign - so, as you mention, wet leases/franchising etc don't really work properly. As far as I'm aware, for X-Pilot when multiple liveries exist for an airline, a random applicable livery is chosen, which is done client side, so won't match between all users.

What you suggest has been raised for V Pilot - see below, so could eventually happen.

Alex 1527896 EGTK