You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[ATC] Unable to hear Pilots

Ethan Mason

Ethan Mason
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

I am a Controller up in the good old Canada and recently have had issues with not being able to hear pilots on the network. When I looked at the client (AFV V1.9.7) I don't see when pilots are transmitting and/or Last Callsign received. I did reinstall the client fresh and have ran it as Admin, I also took a shot in the dark thinking it was firewall related and added "AudioForVatsim.exe" to my allowed firewall access.

I do run a GOXLR unit and have not had any issues with it, I fly on the network consistently and can hear everyone clearly. I did try changing the Audio source and was unsuccessful. Attached is also an image of my client after having a pilot graciously give me several radio checks while trying all this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Screen 1.PNG

Ethan Mason, 1279035

VATCAN, CZWG I1

Filippo Genoni
Posted
Posted (edited)

It happens also to me, when I disconnect and riconnect AFV. When I do so I lose Last Freq and Callsign and I can't hear anymore the pilots. Usually closing and re-opening works for me.

Edited by Filippo Genoni

FILIPPO GENONI

S2 - Morocco vACC (VATMENA)