You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

P3D model match rule generating tool

John Price

John Price
Posted
Posted

Hi folks,

I have reinstalled everything and am setting up P3D again - I've downloaded the AIG models but I can't find a rule generator. I coudl ahve sworn there was one when I last had to do this years ago. can anyone direct me to that tool that generates the vmr file for all the models I've downloaded?

Cheers

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You can use the file that Marcus linked to, but make sure you actually have the full set of AIG models installed or you'll get errors when it tries to use a model from the VMR file that you don't actually have installed.

Also, I made a change to vPilot recently that allows it to recognize and automatically use most of the AIG models without a VMR file. Take a look in the advanced model matching settings and see how many it identified automatically. You might be fine without a VMR file.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

John Price
Posted
Posted

It has recognised a huge amount of them, Ross, but all the aircraft in the sim are not being assigned the correct airline or aircraft type. Easyjet ones seem to work, everything else is appearing as a generic airliner or other random type.

Nico Kaan
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 6/25/2022 at 1:31 AM, John Price said:

I coudl ahve sworn there was one when I last had to do this years ago. can anyone direct me to that tool that generates the vmr file for all the models I've downloaded?

You're right, it was called VMRGenerator. However, I have removed it because since vPilot 2.0 it is no longer needed.

Edited by Nico Kaan

Nico Kaan

Developer: PSXseeconTraffic, ParkPosGenerator and AILGenerator