You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Atc

Jackson Ferg

Jackson Ferg
Posted
Posted

while aproaching approach handed me off to tower how do i properly phrase to tower that im landing without causing to much radio clutter

Filippo Genoni
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey! @Jackson Ferg

You could just say: “[Airport name] Tower, good day, [callsign] currently on the [type of approach like ILS], runway [runway number]”

Then tower will eventually clear you to land or will tell you to continue approach if there is any situation that doesn’t allow him to clear you to land.

Hope this helps,

Filippo,

Edited by Filippo Genoni
  • Like 1

FILIPPO GENONI

S2 - Morocco vACC (VATMENA)

Jackson Ferg
Posted
Posted

ok thank you

Tobias Dammers
Posted
Posted

You can make it even shorter, and cutting the fluff is actually good form, so you could just say, "Frankfurt Tower, Lufthansa 123, ILS 25L".

This is extremely helpful when the frequency is saturated, but even when it's not, your workload is going to be high during this flight phase, so making the call short means you have more time for other tasks, like, say, flying the aircraft.

23.png

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

Also listen out for what approach ACTUALLY say - if they say "callsign only", then simply "Anytown Tower, Bigjet123".  The number of times I've heard a full first contact when told not to...

Trevor Hannant

Tobias Dammers
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Trevor Hannant said:

Also listen out for what approach ACTUALLY say - if they say "callsign only", then simply "Anytown Tower, Bigjet123".  The number of times I've heard a full first contact when told not to...

Let me guess: London?

23.png

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

Yes, but have heard that in Germany also 

Trevor Hannant