You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Error Response "Too Many Clients Connected"

Adrian Smith

Adrian Smith
Posted
Posted

I note that this subject reared its head some while ago and it is not something I have encountered before until very recently. As soon as the airport gets busy, i get the error and lose sight (Not Voice) of all other traffic. I have tried switching servers but this does not cure the problem. Only goes away when airbourne and in very limited traffic. Please help as this is a worry for me as I am preparing to switch to MFSF 2020  and the new PMDG 737-800 when it comes on line.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Switching servers is the thing to do. It just means that the server you chose is full. You said you tried other servers but they gave the same error? You probably didn't try enough. There's generally always plenty of available connection slots. You can use a tool like VAT-Spy to see which servers have slots available. It doesn't matter which server you choose, they are all interconnected.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Adrian Smith
Posted
Posted

I have just flown from EGLL to EHAM i tied many attempts to disconnect and re-connect in addition to switching between servers that had slots available but the only time i did not get the error below was over the English channel where there was little or no traffic near me. It is very frustrating. grateful of any further help you can provide. kind regards UKV7462 

vpilot Capture.PNG

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That's a very different error ... your thread title is "Too many connections". This error is "too many requests" and that means that there are too many simconnect function calls occurring. What other add-ons do you have running?

Adrian Smith
Posted
Posted

Sorry for the confusion. In response when I fly I run VATspy, Skytrack (for FlyUK), Navigraph and ASNext (wx)

Hope this helps

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I would try shutting down Skytrack to see if that makes a difference. VATSpy doesn't use SimConnect at all, so that's not the culprit. Both Navigraph and AS use simconnect, but they have never been an issue for me or anyone else that I'm aware of. Skytrack is the only one I'm not sure about.

Adrian Smith
Posted
Posted

Thank you I will try that, I was told that possibly turning down my AI in FSX traffic may be the problem but turned them all to zero last night and still happened approaching EGLL??