You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I missed my scheduled vatsim flight

Darius Azmayesh-Fard

Darius Azmayesh-Fard
Posted
Posted

As stated in the title, I missed my scheduled VATSIM first wings event flight because I accidentally slept in. Could someone please let me know what the penalties are for something like this?

Filippo Genoni
Posted
Posted

It is not a problem as far as I'm concerned. 

You'll eventually catch the next one! 😄

Hope this helps,

Filippo,

• Like 1

FILIPPO GENONI

S2 - Morocco vACC (VATMENA)

Liesel Downes
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

You have to stay awake for 24 hours now, non-stop 😄

While controlling a large enroute position, non stop 

• Haha 2

Liesel Downes
she/her/hers

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

It means that your pretend passengers did not get to their pretend destinations.

LOL okay, seriously...

You booked a slot in a traffic-metered event and didn't make that slot.  Things happen and in such events there are always a percentage of no-shows.  The controllers had a you-sized gap in planned traffic that they used to accommodate someone else.  Those metering plans are just rough outlines by which to spread out demand anyway; they're always subject to on-the-fly adjustments.

The only VATSIM event I'm aware of that penalizes for slot no-shows is Cross The Pond, and that's only because the event is so insanely coveted that demand for slots has historically been as high as 2-3x the number available.  Book and miss a slot in that, and your chances of getting one in the next event will go down.

Other than that, you're fine.

• Like 1

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Neil Enns
Posted
Posted

The time slots for First Wings are meaningless. Last First Wings event I observed everyone just signed on at the start of the event and overwhelmed the online controllers. It was a terrible experience for everyone involved.

Missing your timeslot will have no effect at all. Nobody will even notice it happened.

• Like 1