You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

So Far, Connecting Seems Cumbersome

Gary Reed

Gary Reed
Posted
Posted (edited)

So, I downloaded vPilot to use in P3D v4. I created a flight plane in the sim. A very short one along the Florida coast. I entered the same plane in vPilot. 

First thing off I had to have P3D in windowed because in full screen I wouldn't be able to access the vPilot interface. It does not install as a P3D addon. Flying windowed rather ruins what is good about P3D with Orbx enhancements. I entered flight plan and even calculated my endurance and added an alternate airport.

So, I decided to try to connect as an observer. the dialogue wanted my aircraft class. After minutes of searching I could not find it. Could someone just tell me please?

By the way. I was using a Cessna 182T Skylane equipped with GNS 530/430 stack. A2A version.

Can anyone recommend a Vatsim client that would mesh better with the sim. windowed mode sucks. Also. can anyone give me tips on how to find out aircraft type quickly and easily. It seems there is as much to learn and know here as actually learning to fly and I am studing for PPL in a Skylane that matches my A2A model. Any help?

Thanks

Edited by Gary Reed

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

Can't answer for any other clients I'm afraid Gary - but then I am using more than one monitor which helps.  If you only have a single monitor, I don't know whether Swift has an option to sit on top of the sim window (it's not a P3D addon either, it's a standalone client).

As for ICAO code, I just Googled "cessna 182t skylane icao designator" and got the answer - C182.  

• Like 1

Trevor Hannant

Gary Reed
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Trevor Hannant said:

Can't answer for any other clients I'm afraid Gary - but then I am using more than one monitor which helps.  If you only have a single monitor, I don't know whether Swift has an option to sit on top of the sim window (it's not a P3D addon either, it's a standalone client).

As for ICAO code, I just Googled "cessna 182t skylane icao designator" and got the answer - C182.  

Vatsim should really consider making their clients Addon or Plug in or else make a wifi or bluetooth android and ios interface to run on tablet or phone.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

"VATSIM" doesn't develop software.  We are reliant on, and extremely appreciative of, the generosity of individual developers that donate their precious free time, money and expertise to the VATSIM community by developing software and making it available to the community to use.  

As you have seen, some of this donated software/development is written in a different language than is required for integration into certain sims.  We are very grateful for what we have.  The capability you're interested in would be nice; perhaps a developer might see enough benefit and return on investment (i.e. gratitude, no money) to donate the hundreds, if not thousands, of hours toward developing a new client written in a language that can seamlessly interface.  In the meantime, the community is very grateful for what we have.

• Like 3

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Gary Reed said:

Vatsim should really consider making their clients Addon or Plug in or else make a wifi or bluetooth android and ios interface to run on tablet or phone.

vPilot can be run over a network.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member