You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No TX/RX audio vPilot 3.4.6 in MSFS2020 - edit: reason found

Mirko Gasparovic

Mirko Gasparovic
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi,

guess the title is clear what my issue is but I like to explain the entire situation.

Audio Hardware I tested with:

Corsair HS 70 Pro Wireless
Beyerdynamic MMX 300 connected to a GoXLR
Audio Amp connected to the same GoXLR
Monitor Speacer with HDMI Audio

Software:
Windows 11
MSFS 2020
Fenix A320
vPilot 3.4.6

I can't hear anything on vPilot and nobody can hear me. The Headset is set as Windows default for audio and mic, also in vPilot I've set the devices.
My first thought was, as I had also connection issues, that my own Firewall is blocking the voice traffic, but in the Logfiles there is no indication for any blocked traffic, so the ports I allowed outbound seem to be enough. And I even tried it with a in the IT world not beloved rule Allow Any Any. So absolutely every connection was allowed from the network and into the network, but still no success.

There is one strange thing. If somebody writes text in vPilot I can hear the short noise. So in general vPilot seems to be able to communicate with my headset. Just not for the important part.

The only test I didn't attempt until now is to try it with a different plane if I still face the same issues. 

Any ideas what the reason might be? Before the obvious questions come, yes I started the software as Administrator. COM 1 and COM 2 are shown in blue and not grey.
Also if I can provide any further information please let me know. I will provide it. 

################################################################REASON FOUND############################################################

Well I found the reason for my audio issues. While it was even described in the Troubleshooting post I didn't see it as it was there as separate topic and I stopped reading more as I thought everything is covered in Q: I cannot hear anyone. Any ideas?

Indeed I own an ASUS Mainboard and the Sonic Studio software was installed. After removing it my problem was solved.

Edited by Mirko Gasparovic
Found the reason for my issue.

• Mirko Gasparovic changed the title to No TX/RX audio vPilot 3.4.6 in MSFS2020 - edit: reason found