You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Just finished S1, but unable to control.

• just finished academy
  • now have s1

Jacob Harman

Jacob Harman
Posted
Posted

I just finished all of the acaademy lessons and the system told me I was good to control small field to get used to the software. I tried to connect, but my ratings haven't updated yet. Can someone update those please? Thank you.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Short story:  You'll need to contact your ATC facility for more information.

Longer story:  You just joined a facility yesterday.  You posted this mere minutes after joining your facility.  I just looked at your facility's training syllabus and can't imagine that you were assigned an instructor or mentor and then covered that ground in that short amount of time, merely minutes after you joined, and I see no evidence that you've passed your facility's knowledge checks required for a rating or to control.

So....  back to my first point....  You'll need to (actually read your facility's training documentation and) contact your ATC facility for more information. 😉 😉 😉

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Filippo Genoni
Posted
Posted (edited)

I believe it's written somewhere in the academy, that finishing the Academy course doesn't grant you the controller rating, keep this in mind for all the rating courses you will do in the future 

🙂

Edited by Filippo Genoni

FILIPPO GENONI

S2 - Morocco vACC (VATMENA)