You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Network Authentication Error: User Not Found

Gary Reed

Gary Reed
Posted
Posted (edited)

X-plane 11.55 Steam

xPilot Latest

Planned flight on Simbrief and exported it to Vatsim. Checked my information 

KCPK Dir ORF Dir EMI dir KCXY IAD Alternate

Opened xPilot  and clicked open the connect dialogue. I entered my tail number and aircraft type as entered in my flightplan.

i kept getting the error messege "Network Authentification Error User Not Found"

I tried clicking Mode C. I tried my Vatsim Number. I tried connecting under pilot observer. No success. what am I missing?

I did not have the Selcal field filled out. Is that needed to connect? I could not find that number anywhere in my plan forms. I will see if I can find any videos of people setting up vatsim flight with xpilot. it is arcane

Thanks

Edited by Gary Reed

Matisse VanWezer
Posted
Posted

With regards to your new forum post: 

Can you confirm this issue has been resolved? You might want to add the solution to this thread for users with similar problems.

Streaming Brussels Control since 2018 on MatisseRAdar - Twitch to create time lapses on YouTube and TikTok

Gary Reed
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Matisse VanWezer said:

With regards to your new forum post: 

Can you confirm this issue has been resolved? You might want to add the solution to this thread for users with similar problems.

Solution solved. I had typo my vatsim ID in the xPilot client. 

As experiment I reset my Baron to my home field, KSEG in Pennsylvania. I connected and to my joy the nearby ATC was alive with an operator covering Harrisburg Approach, MDT, CXY, LNS, RDG. Three centers active also. Boston, New York, and Cleveland. I did a short vfr hop to MDT and had approach and tower coms, ATIS also. Very cool. I will connect everytime I use xplane and Baron Ultimate upgrade also, I have a lot of peripherals, all control assigned, totally type rated. I wish there was a way to blend off line voice ATC solutions for non covered areas with Vatsim live. That would be solid.