You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

B772 Model does not display in VATSIM Map

Brandon Robinson

Brandon Robinson
Posted
Posted

I selected B772 as my model match for my flight but when you look at my details in the VATSIM Map, the "Aircraft" field is blank. Any ideas why??

Thanks,

Brandon

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Brandon Robinson said:

I selected B772 as my model match for my flight but when you look at my details in the VATSIM Map, the "Aircraft" field is blank. Any ideas why??

Model matching has to do with how you see other aircraft in your sim. It does not have any affect on the data shown in VATSIM mapping tools. So what do you mean by "I selected B772 as my model match"?

The "Aircraft" field in map.vatsim.net I believe comes from the flight plan, so did you file a flight plan?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Brandon Robinson
Posted
Posted

When you launch vPilot then click Connect, for Type Code I enter in the aircraft I'm using. Thats actually what I meant by model match. And yes, I had filed a flight plan.

Update: I can see my aircraft now but I have to click on Data at map.vatsim.net, then my specific Aircraft type.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It's showing your a/c type for me:

image.png.4d668326894c327a9023ec27e1f59543.png

image.png.8944e61134cee7f8c055cdb9cbdbe2f4.png

Brandon Robinson
Posted
Posted

Yes, thats what I see now but I have to click on Data -> Aircraft -> B777-200 -> UAL1021, then it shows up. It used to just show up when I open map.vatsim.net.

image.thumb.png.8ceb4ed8b0c811039e235654a0b27545.png

image.png.1fe43928577b998dbfc62980bdf4d4ff.png

image.thumb.png.aec37e517103bafbb4d2ea4c7cbf55bb.png

image.png.482ae9458115292eece713ed5c69484c.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

No idea why it would work for me but not for you.

Tim Waldon
Posted
Posted

Hello @Brandon Robinson,

Based on your SimAware screenshot, your aircraft was in the vicinity of the International Date Line going from PHNL to RJAA. The SimAware map does not display traffic if you pan the map to the west past that area. You would need to pan the map to the east to view traffic over in that area of the world. It's just the way you have to view traffic on the SimAware map.

An example is shown in my screenshot. If you look at the west pacific ocean (red circle) to the left, no traffic displayed. If you look at the far right side of the map, all the traffic is displayed. Hopefully this makes sense.

image.thumb.jpeg.5c7c5144d486dc28ec4ffc7e3d915a56.jpeg

Brandon Robinson
Posted
Posted

Oh wow! Yes, it makes perfect sense. I've never flown an int'l flight in that direction so it makes sense, and now I know. THANK YOU!!

• Like 1

Tim Waldon
Posted
Posted

You're welcome, glad it helped.