You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Authentication Failed: You have not yet passed the P0 exam

• troubleshooting
  • connecting

Bobby Gonzalez

Bobby Gonzalez
Posted
Posted

I have taken and passed the New Member Orientation exam 3 times, and it has been about 12 hours since the first one. Still, I receive the Authentication Failed message.

Is there something else I need to be doing?

I am using vPilot and MSFS2020

Thanks for all you do!

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

I believe some work has been done on that. Could you check again and let us know how you got on?

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Bobby Gonzalez
Posted
Posted

yessir! I am now connected, looking forward to flying with you all!

Thanks again

Bobby Gonzalez
Posted
Posted

I don't know if this is actually helpful or if it just happened to work after, but i was able to connect after also downloading VATSPY

Curtis Cantrell
Posted
Posted

I just signed up for VATSIM today.   I did the New Member Training and passed the test.   If I go to "My exams", it is listed as passed.   However, when I use VPilot to connect, I get the error message: "Authentication failed:  You have not yet passed the P0 exam"

Someone above mentioned that they thought installing VATSpy solved the problem for them.  Well, I do have VATSpy installed and working, but I cannot connect to the network. 

Any help wuld be appreciated! 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Whether or not you have VAT-Spy installed has nothing to do with connecting clients to the network ... must have been a coincidence.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

Also you need to wait at least an hour for the result of the test to propagate - and I'm sure you were told about that!

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Curtis Cantrell
Posted
Posted

I have waited over a hour for sure.  There is an odd behavior happening. I took the first P0 test and passed it. Could not connect. Went back and looked at my exams. The one that I passed was showing, and the second one was assigned for me to take. I went ahead and took the second one. I passed it as well. After a little bit of time, I tried to connect. It will not allow me. It says I must take the P0 exam. Well I just now logged back in and looked at my exams. The two exams that I passed are listed, and a third new exam has been assigned for me to take . I believe I am stuck in an infinite Loop.

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

Yes, there's definitely something wrong! I suggest you start a ticket at support.vatsim.net so that your issue can be looked at.

Alistair Thomson

===

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I've notified the Tech team.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations