You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot Model Matching (AIG) - Advanced Option/SimObjects - Remove defaul AI features?

Ashley Ledbetter

Ashley Ledbetter
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone could help with the following?

Current using the BritishAvGeek VMR file (https://flightsim.to/file/23365/full-vatsim-aig-beta-model-matching)  which has been working fantastic.

However I've been sat at EGKK just seeing what comes in and out. I have noticed that some of the default AI traffic is being used which I understand is correct if a model can't be found (correct me I'm wrong), however I notice these models seems much great in the detail and even render pilots.

Is it possible to really 'dumb' down these models or at least reduce the quality/ remove the pilots - I can only imagine if you were to have 10 of these it would start to eat up the frames at some point? (again correct me if I am wrong)

So in conclusion, is it possible to 'clean up' the default AI used within MSFS vPilot?

Screenshots attached for reference. I have unticked everything relating to the default MSFS traffic and only use AIG. Need anything else just let me know.

Thank you,

Ash

1.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

2.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I'm not a model matching / AI super-expert, but as far as I know, you'd have to make your request with the AI developers (e.g. AIG and/or Asobo, based on the screen shot above).  My guess is many more people who use AI for eye-candy would not want to see those changes and so they would have no interest in making such changes.  But you'd have to ask the developers.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ashley Ledbetter
Posted
Posted

Hi Don,

I think I follow but going from other models from AIG they look good but are lite in the performance- they don't have the above cockpits modelled.

The above only seems when AIG is unable to match, I think it will then use a generic AI to compensate, but in doing so it uses a rather highly detailed model (with a 'cockpit' with pilots)

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Got it.  That's why I said and/or.  So I suppose you'd have to write to Asobo with your suggestion.  The examples in the red boxes above, if I read correctly, point to Asobo models

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations