You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Could not connect to your simulator error message

Mike Christianson

Mike Christianson
Posted
Posted

I am using MSFS with Win10 64bit.  Also I am using Vpilot. I start my sim and then Vpilot. Everything is working. I try to connect AFV and I get the message "Could not connect to your simulator check configuration." My Vatsim id and password are entered correctly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. No help.

Thanks

Mike

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

When you say you try to connect AFV, what do you mean? You don't need to use a separate AFV client, since the voice code is all built into vPilot.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Mike Christianson
Posted
Posted

Ross

Yes I know. But reading about AFV it sounded like you could use it in conjunction with VPilot. Doesn't AFV give some more radio reality? Like using both coms?

Vatsim website makes it sound like you can use both.

Thanks

Mike

• Accurate VHF simulation with blocking tones
  • Gain control to help normalize microphone volumes
  • VHF ranging algorithm to adjust radio range based on altitude and curvature of the earth
  • A realistic VHF network based upon real world ATC radio tower data
  • Voice degradation and areas of radio blackout based upon pilot’s altitude and location to the radio towers
  • Ability for Air Traffic Controllers to cross couple or open multiple transmit and receive frequencies at once
  • Ability to use any frequency in the VHF spectrum for voice communications. This includes voice UNICOM

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You can use both com radios in vPilot. Where did you read that you need to use the separate AFV client in order to use both com radios?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Mike Christianson
Posted
Posted

I thought it was in some literature I read about it.  I flew today and Com 2 wouldn't work on VPilot. Don't know what I was doing wrong. I had my com 2 radio tuned to center and nothing happens when I transmit on com 2.

Mike

Mike Christianson
Posted
Posted

I did get com 2 working. It was a mistake I was making using my aircraft radio. However since AFV can't be used for connecting to Vatsim. What's it for?

Thanks

Mike

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Controllers use the standalone AFV to control.  The pilot client developers all incorporated our voice technology directly into their clients (thanks, developers!).

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations