You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Connecting via vPilot recently started causing immense lagging | Important: Read text in Red

• vpilot
  • msfs2020
  • help

Adin Karic

Adin Karic
Posted
Posted

Hello, my MSFS starts lagging after connecting to VATSIM via vPilot.

This does not have anything to do with my previous post, I have solved the problem from there, which ended up not being caused by vPilot. Ive did a flight after fixing it, on the 28th Sep, and it went perfectly. The issue from that post also did not affect my FPS, just the aircraft model - Here it does affect my FPS, and by quite a bit.

Here is all the Info Ive gathered about the problem at hand:

• The lag starts right after a vPilot connection is initiated and stops right after disconnection
  • The problem did not occur on the 28th September, but it did on the 2nd of October, inbetween those 2 dates I have not changed anything in MSFS - Ive installed no addons, Ive changed no settings [I am pretty sure WU11 was issued in the time though, if it was we have a starting point for fixing the issue]
  • When disabling aircraft in the setting (that is setting Maximum aircraft displayed to 0), the simulator starts stuttering a bit which did not happen [on flights] before [this one] - so I dont think the problem fully lies on aircraft rendering
  • When aircraft are enabled in the setting (that is setting Maximum aircraft displayed to >0), the simulator starts lagging and stuttering quite a lot which also did not happen [on flights] before [this one]
  • On both of those occasions the only major change when looking at the MSFS Dev FPS Display, outside of the FPS itself, seems to be a lot more red lines on the FPS Line Graph which Im assuming means more dropped frames
  • The lag seems not to occur when the outside world is NOT in view - so the FPS stays normal (compared to vPilot disconnected) when the camera is fully facing a part of the aircraft cockpit (ex. Overhead Panel)
  • The lag does not seem to be dependent on the aircraft (tested with B737, B747 and A320), even though the 737 seems to be the most affected - but that could be a cause of its FPS being lower in general in comparison to other aircraft
  • The lag is not dependent on the airport, it is observed whether I spawn at a small, big, addon, premium or default airport
  • I have tried emptying my Community folder to no luck
  • I have not had any programs (outside of the ones in the background, that I also had open on every other flight session) open during the testing
  • Nothing stands out when looking at the Task Manager - when vPilot is connected there is only a small change in the CPU Usage, there doesnt seem to be a memory leak... The CPU and GPU Usage of MSFS2020 also seem to be unaffected by it (kind of hard to tell for GPU though because it already hovers in the high 90s area), and in general the stats given in Task Manager seem to be similar for both as they were on previous flights
  • Like 1