You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VCAF - Virtual Canadian Air Force

Shawn Foster 953233

Shawn Foster 953233
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

Well it's been long enough that Canada has not operated a Virtual Canadian Air Force. The previous one did not last and I believe it's time to start a new one. I have been thinking about it for a long time, but I just haven't had the time to post regarding it.

The future VCAF would start off fairly small, with only a few bases across Canada, and some aircraft flown by the CAF. Depending on how large it may become, the VCAF would expand the number of bases and fleet based on quantity of pilots, etc. Missions of all sorts would be executed, and also will regular flights of any sort. In order to achieve the new beginning of this Virtual Air Force, lots of help is going to be needed. From web designers to pilot instructors, or base and fleet managers, all the way up the Chief of the entire Virtual Canadian Air Force. We will need YOUR help!

Anyone who is interested in starting the VCAF, please either post in this thread or contact me directly at [email protected].

It's about time we have one.

Regards,

Shawn Foster - I3

Senior Instructor, VATCAN

Commander of Air Command and Chief of Staff, vCAF

www.vcaf.ca

vcafshawnsig1hm7.jpg

Anthony ImBoden
Posted
Posted

Just FYI Shawn, Someone is already working on a vCF. Details are here: http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=13184

Anthony ImBoden (CDN008)

Vice President of Events & Public Relations

Canadian Airlines Virtual

Fly the Goose. Fly Canadian.

http://www.flycav.com

Shawn Foster 953233
Posted
Posted

Hey Anthony,

Thanks for informing me of this as I have not seen it before. I have been in the mix of trying to start it, and now that I have people on board, I am confident that we can have success in this. I am working on building a website, unless someone has already payed for one, and it should be fully operational in the next couple of weeks.

In terms of Staff, positions needed are varied:

Chief of Staff/Defense

Chief Instructors/Pilots Instructors

Fleet Chiefs

Base Chiefs

The list goes on and on, therefore, people will be needed in order to have a smooth flow of operations executed by the Virtual Canadian Air Force.

I'll say again, if you are interested, post in this thread or contact me directly at [email protected].

Lets make it work!

Regards,

Shawn Foster - I3

www.vcaf.ca

vcafshawnsig1hm7.jpg

Sean Bolli 988617
Posted
Posted

Shawn,

I am interested in [Mod - Happy Thoughts]isting and have just fired off an email to that effect.

Shawn Foster 953233
Posted
Posted

Hello Sean,

I also sent an email regarding the issue.

Shawn Foster - I3

www.vcaf.ca

vcafshawnsig1hm7.jpg