You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Reconnect after a crash

Jayaram Bhasker

Jayaram Bhasker
Posted
Posted

Hi:

On a couple of long hauls, my graphics card has died. I found out today about a procedure to restart my flight from middle of flight plan. My question is is there a protocol to be followed when reconnecting to Vatsim when restarting in air middle of a flight plan? Of course, if I just barge in on a busy network, i might surprise someone by just appearing in front or top of him, etc. What is a good safe altitude to join back in, if allowed by vatsim? Any recommended guidelines?

Bhasker

Jayaram Bhasker
Posted
Posted

Thanks, Rob, for the reply. One thing I thought about is that if I connect at 18000 (transition altitude  and then ask controller for a new altitude), chances are very slim that someone will be flying at that transition altitude.

bhasker

• 2 weeks later...
Tobias Dammers
Posted
Posted
On 10/24/2022 at 3:50 PM, Jayaram Bhasker said:

Thanks, Rob, for the reply. One thing I thought about is that if I connect at 18000 (transition altitude  and then ask controller for a new altitude), chances are very slim that someone will be flying at that transition altitude.

bhasker

True; but under normal circumstances, you shouldn't be flying in the transition layer unless climbing or descending, so that would be pretty awkward.

23.png