You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Ag Flying?

Benjamin Koula

Benjamin Koula
Posted
Posted

Looking at the VSOA policy, there is nothing prohibiting aerial application, the closest thing to it is fire fighting, therefore, provided you follow VFR regulations and terrain clearance, then there is nothing wrong with doing so. 

Sebastian Crane
Posted
Posted

Remember to check where your 'clients' are based - aerial application is prohibited in plenty of places, including most of the European Union, so you don't want to be a 'partner in crime' for your simulated farmer's dodgy cost-cutting exercise! 🤣

Benjamin Koula
Posted
Posted

Yep,  where i'm at I see them all the time, but ill check the laws.

Ken Doyen
Posted
Posted
On 11/7/2022 at 8:16 AM, Benjamin Koula said:

Looking at the VSOA policy, there is nothing prohibiting aerial application, the closest thing to it is fire fighting, therefore, provided you follow VFR regulations and terrain clearance, then there is nothing wrong with doing so. 

Are you using the Air Spray mod for Xplane?  I bought it couple years ago but never really did anything with it.  Used it with the Schweizer S300.  Cool you got a buddy to join.  I always thought that mod would've been even better with a multiplayer/coop mode.

Benjamin Koula
Posted
Posted

As it stands i do not fly in x-plane, however,  I do fly the piper pa-25 Pawnee, so if you would like to join and you're in the U.S. then i'd be happy to have you join me.

Ken Doyen
Posted
Posted
On 11/9/2022 at 5:12 PM, Benjamin Koula said:

As it stands i do not fly in x-plane, however,  I do fly the piper pa-25 Pawnee, so if you would like to join and you're in the U.S. then i'd be happy to have you join me.

I don't play MSFS.  Thanks for asking though. ❤️