You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Password 24 hours+

Carl Stanbridge

Carl Stanbridge
Posted
Posted

Hello.  I did a re-install of Vpilot yesterday and it didn't accept my password.  I assumed that I had forgotten it so I reset it through the Vatsim portal.  I can log in to the websites etc but still can't connect with vPilot (note: I am not copying and pasting and I have double checked CID / p/w, tried all the servers etc).  I am sure its been longer than 24 hours (although I didnt note the specific time).  I am just asking in to see if someone can take a look behind the scenes to see the status.  I am being patient (I have booked the afternoon off work to fly online!) - just want to check if there are any other considerations.  I havent reset my password since I joined Vatsim in 2005 - so I would hope thats not causing any delays.

Thanks!

CID: 921828

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hi Carl,

Tech doesn't trust me to look under the servers' hood (for good reason LOL !), and no one can see your password nor the passwords you're trying to log in with, but I can tell you that your last connection ended yesterday at 0945Z, and you successfully changed your password at 0951Z.  The FSD servers use the same authentication as our websites, so it seems like maybe there is something different between the password you're entering into vPilot vs. the websites.  Seems like you're checking the right things (e.g. CID, not copying/pasting, etc.).  You might try really 1000% extra super-duper careful making sure you have deleted EVERYTHING from the CID and password fields, just in case somehow there was a space character still hiding in there.  One other thing that we ask folks to double check is capitalization -- it matters.

If nothing you try works, simply change your password again.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Carl Stanbridge
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks Don.  I just logged into Vatsim from a different computer so that I could test that I have noted my new password correctly - and no problems with logging in so I definitely have the correct password noted.  Is there any restriction on character types in vPilot that you are aware of that are accepted in Vatsim?  I guess I will have to reset and wait another 24 hours as it just wont accept my credentials in vPilot.

EDIT: and one further question - it doesn't have anything to do with me showing as a "New member" under Pilot Rating? I assume not but just want to raise this in case there is a strange conflict somewhere as I haven't changed my password since I joined (I think!)

Edited by Carl Stanbridge
another question

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

How long is your password in characters?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC