You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Recent issues with FBW A32NX

Matthew Holden

Matthew Holden
Posted
Posted

Hi everybody!

I was hoping to start using the VATSIM network this month after I finished a tour of the US to make sure I was comfortable enough to make the jump with my favorite aircraft, but recently I've run into a couple of issues with the Flybywire A32NX that I'm having trouble understanding and they've both put my plans to get started with VATSIM on hold.

First, the Flight Plan route for most flights has started putting loops or double routes on the Navigation display even though the waypoints are correct, these routes do not match the route plot on SimBrief at all. For example, I've attached images from a flight I did recently between KDFW and KIAH.  One is the Simbrief output and the other is the navigation display in the aircraft.  This was using the Dartz9 SID from KDFW, which appears correct on the display, but this loop-back appeared in the normal route after DARTZ.  Left alone, the plane flew this looping route but I wound up leaving it by telling it to go to the next waypoint instead.  So far this has happened 3 times in 4 flights and I genuinely have no idea what's causing it or how to erase it.  Like I said, these are appearing automatically when importing the plan from Simbrief, so I'm at a total loss.

Something similar has happened when choosing SID/STAR options during setup.  Since MSFS's ATC is not the greatest I'm choosing these as best I can with whichever links into the route I have from Simbrief.  However, they almost always produce two routes to or from the airport.  One is typically good enough that it will add it with no trouble, the other route is a straight line past the airport.  I haven't gotten the plane to reliably follow either SIDs or STARs and have been hand-flying everything recently based on the charts.  These second, straight-line routes don't usually have a waypoint so I don't have a way to clear them out but they're definitely not the missed approach procedure.

The last problem I've had is an LS Frequency Mismatch error at just about every airport I've visited.  After choosing the assigned approach I'll go to the RAD/NAV page and the ILS frequency is usually not the same as what is shown on Navigraph charts.  Setting it to the Navigraph frequency produces the orange LS Mismatch error and the first and only time I tried an approach with the "wrong" frequency the displays didn't show anything related to the runway I was seeing right in front of the plane.  Since then I've just left it on the built-in frequency and that has worked but it typically doesn't match what's on the charts.

Strangely these were not problems a month ago and everything worked perfectly.  I don't know of anything that happened to trigger this, but it's gotten really frustrating to keep having these issues and not know what to do about it.  I had planned on starting slowly with VATSIM anyway using something less complicated, but I would still like to understand if this is something I'm doing.  Or, if this is just normal behavior, how would I go about handling something like this on the VATSIM network?  I can't imagine ATC would be pleased if I just started doing circles for no reason! 

airbus_1.jpg

Screenshot 2022-11-06 154553.jpg