You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Singapore Server

Sean Harrison

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Is the Singapore Server off line?

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Jackson Harding
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes.  There is a server shuffle going on, right now USA-W or Germany-2 are the best servers for us.

I've heard it said that one of the two German servers will be moved to Australai as part of this.  No word on when.  Or if this is actually true.

Edited by Jackson Harding

Chair Asia Pacific RCRP

vatsim_0.png

• 3 weeks later...
Hamid Khalid
Posted
Posted

This is actually quite pity....almost 2 months now. cant get on any vatsim server....tried all other servers, always reports authentication challange failed....I wonder what server other users in asia pacific are using? 

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

You've connected 142 times using 8 different servers over the last 2 months, so I'm not quite sure why you are saying that you can't connect to any server.  Perhaps you're saying you're having a hard time maintaining a connection?

What's the full text of the error, including any associated error codes?

What have you tried from the troubleshooting guide and what were the results?

This is just a snapshot in time, right now, and so that could obviously vary, and this is no guarantee that this is a valid statistical representation of average connections over time in that region, but there are currently 54 users in the Asia Pacific region right now.  The quantities associated with the servers those users are connected to are:
20 GERMANY
15 USA-W
10 GERMANY2
4 CANADA
3 USA-E
2 AMSTERDAM

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• 1 month later...
Shenglai Xu
Posted
Posted
On 12/3/2022 at 11:01 PM, Hamid Khalid said:

This is actually quite pity....almost 2 months now. cant get on any vatsim server....tried all other servers, always reports authentication challange failed....I wonder what server other users in asia pacific are using? 

I am now having the same problem. As vatsim is no longer deploying servers in Singapore it has resulted in me not being able to have a stable sound server link on any of my existing servers now. I think Asia needs a server to ensure that all Asian countries can have a stable connection.

• Board of Governors
Matthew Cianfarani
Posted
Posted
On 2/2/2023 at 1:42 AM, Shenglai Xu said:

I am now having the same problem. As vatsim is no longer deploying servers in Singapore it has resulted in me not being able to have a stable sound server link on any of my existing servers now. I think Asia needs a server to ensure that all Asian countries can have a stable connection.

VATSIM’s Audio servers never were located anywhere other than Canada. Since launch, all AFV servers have resided in Toronto. The only localized servers we have outside of Toronto are for FSD which has zero impact on voice. 

Matthew Cianfarani
Vice President , Technology 
VATSIM Board of Governors